Chapter 18

I placed two pillows under my bed and closed the door with the lock. I silently opened the window and climbed outside. Carefully, I climbed down the wall and landed safely on the grass. I made sure that I was unseen when running out of the yard and headed straight to Jungkook's house. I was pretty sure he wasn't going to school today, since he's sad and angry. I walked into his house and peeked through the window. He was lying on the sofa and staring at the ceiling.

I went to the front door and knocked on it. He didn't answer. I turned the knob and surprisingly it was opened.

"Jungkook" I said and he shot up from the sofa "can I talk to you?"

"Go" he demanded "Get the fuck out or I'll be forced to beat you"

I gasped "you wouldn't do that?"

"Wouldn't I?"

"Just please," I begged "hear me out"

"What type of explanation are you gonna give me? What are you gonna say? I'm sorry? If that's what you want to say, then there's the fucking door. Leave and fuck off"

I was shocked by his words, but I tried to look unaffected.

"No" I said bravely "You are going to listen to me"

He laughed "Go, or my friends will beat the crap out of you when they get here"

"I don't care" I said trying to convince him "I want you to listen to me"

I went over to him and grabbed his hand, only to be pushed away and fall on the floor.

"I love you" I said, tears now forming in my eyes.

Silence surrounded us like a thick cloud. I tried to fight back my tears, while I wait for his reply.

"I. Hate. You." he finally spoke, saying each word slowly "I really hate you! I was coming this close.." he said measuring with his hand "...to love you, but you're just so selfish, so pathetic and stupid"

I stared in his face and my heart was breaking into a million pieces. I could tell he was telling the truth.

"Just because you love me.." he air quoted 'love' "..doesn't give you the fucking right to mess up my relationship with the person I truly love and will always love. As from this moment, you mean nothing to me. I don't know who you are anymore and I don't want to know you. Get out of my house and don't ever associate yourself with me and as for that math assignment, do it your fucking self. I hate you"

The tears now escaped my eyes and I tried to find the strength to stand, but I fell back down. Wiping my eyes, I stood up and went closer to him. He stepped back and I flinched, but I hugged him. I knew this was going to be the last time I was going to hold him like this, the last time I'd get so close and the last time I'll ever sniff his wonderful scent. He eased me away and looked at the door.

"Go" he said calmly "my friends will be here any minute and i won't stop them when they start beating you up"

I headed towards the door and stopped as I was about to leave.

"I just want you to know," I said sounding stuffy "that you were my first love, though you never returned it and I'll always love you, even if you hate me as much as I hate myself right now. Goodbye"

I closed the door and my heart ached even more. Through my blurry eyes, I could see Jungkook's friend coming. I didn't care. I don't think any pain would be as much unbearable as Jungkook rejecting me.

"Look who's here" Jin said turning to his friends "It's my favorite toy"

I pushed him out of the way, only to be dragged back with twice as much force I used.

"You're not going anywhere" he said

Jungkook came out of the house and stood there watching us, he didn't even tell Jin to let me go.

"Move" I said pushing him again

He grabbed my hand and pushed me on the floor.

"Someone's being bad" he said and started kicking me

His friends joined in and all I could do was cry, like the little wimp that I was. My face grimaced with every kick and I heard the door slammed. I thought maybe Jungkook was going to stop them, but he went back inside and ignored my cries. When they felt I was bruised enough, they stopped.

"Let's go inside guys" Jin said, heading inside the house with his two friends following.

I tried getting up, but the pain was too much. Jungkook came outside and stood over me.

"If you would just listen and go when I've told you to, this wouldn't have happened" he said folding his arms

"Help me" I said crying my eyes out "It hurts"

"Get Tae to do it" he said with venom in his voice and left

I tried taking out my phone, but I remembered I didn't have it. at this point, I've killed my mother countless times in my head.

I weakly crawled on the ground and tried going to the bus stop. After about thirty agonizing minutes of crawling to the bus stop, my eyes became blurry.

"Hey...o..ay" was all I heard because I was blocking out. I collapsed there and then on the sidewalk thinking of one person....Jungkook