mommy dearest hit a new low

Terra sat on the couch watching a movie as Amie gushed about the previous night’s excursions. To say she was not happy that she had ended up in Josh’s bed again would be an understatement. When she woke up the first thing Josh did was question her nightmare and she did not want to discuss it. Of course every one knew her brother had died what they didn’t know is what really had happened. And that is how Terra liked it.

“I am going to head home.” Terra said abruptly silencing Amie.

“Oh um ok, do you need a ride?” She asked sounding a little hurt.

Terra shook her head and looked at her best friend. “No my mom should be home so I will have her pick me up somewhere.” Shooting Amie a smile she headed to the door.

Terra just needed to be alone. Ever since her nightmare she couldn’t get the images out of her head and she felt like she was going stir crazy being in that house. At this point she did not care if her mother was home she needed to find somewhere to be alone.

As Terra walked down the street instead of making a right to her street she made a left and headed to the cemetery. Normally Terra would avoid this place at all costs. But today she had a few things she needed to get off her chest.

Terra walked up the gravel pathways and found the headstone. Tanner Roberts 1991-2011. Terra felt the tears fall down her cheeks and she collapsed onto the ground in front of his grave.

“I am so sorry Tanner. It’s all my fault. I should be the one in your place!” she cried out. All of the guilt she had been holding onto coming out in a rush.

“I should have listened to you that night.” Terra held onto the gravestone as though Tanner was right in front of her. she cried until all the pain she felt was out there. All of the guilt was eating at her.

“Terra?” Josh walked up and put his arm on her back and began rubbing soothing circles.

“Wha…What are you doing here?” she whispered her voice hoarse from crying.

“I followed you. I heard you tell Amie you were going home and I didn’t want you to go alone.” He said as a blush up his cheeks.

Terra nodded not really used to seeing him so sweet. His usual cocky self put aside for once.

“Terra I know it is none of business but you know you can always talk to me. I know I can be a jackass but there is something about you that makes me want to protect you.” He finished the last part and looked at Terra. All she could do was smile. After about ten minutes they stood and began walking out of the cemetery.

“I will tell you one day. Im just not ready.” She said stopping and looking at Josh hoping he understood.

“Well when you are ready I am here.” Terra nodded and pecked him on the cheek before they continued walking.

When they reached Terra’s house they went straight to the door and before Josh could follow her she put her hand on his chest.

“Please leave. I will be fine.” Josh looked hurt for a second before walking back down the driveway and up the street.

Terra held her breath as she turned and opened the door. When she got inside she was surprised to find no one home. Her mother was usually home by now. Deciding to just relax and stop trying to figure her mother out she headed to her room.

As soon as she walked in she couldn’t help but feel defeated. Everything she owned was gone. When she walked to her closet she ripped open the door and found all her clothes gone as well. Running downstairs she found a note on the kitchen counter.

Your stuff is in the trash. Be gone by the time I get home.

Trying not to cry she left her keys on the counter and walked out the door without looking back.