Chapter 3

I trudged home from school. My backpack was heavy with textbooks and the weight of a long day.

There was nothing special or good about my day as usual. I won't complain too much because things could be worse.

Luckily, I didn't have another run in with the R-Train after the incident that happened in the morning.

The afternoon sun hung low in the sky, casting long shadows on the streets.

If I could, I would just sit down and watch the sun or admire nature. That's not possible now because I have work to do at home.

All I want right now is to get back to the comfort of her home, collapse on my bed, and forget about the stress of school and everything else.

As soon as I entered my room, I kicked off my shoes and flopped on my bed.

I want to take a nap, if only for a few minutes before I do the next set of chores that I have.

As soon as my eyelids fluttered shut, I was plunged into a strange dream.

I found myself standing in a dark alley. The air was heavy with tension. I could feel an ominous presence here.

Goosebumps rose on my arms. I had a hunch that I wasn't alone.

A woman emerged from the shadows. Her face was covered in darkness. I couldn't see what she looked like at all.

"Hello?" I called out "Who are you?"

In that moment, I noticed that she held a knife.

I couldn't see her but I could tell she was looking at me.

Panic set inside me as I took note of the knife she held.

I tried to run but mya legs felt like lead, rooted to the ground.

The woman walked slowly towards me.

My heart pounded loudly in her chest as terror consumed me.

I knew this was all a dream but for some reason, it felt all too real. The fear was suffocated me. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Just as the woman raised the knife, ready to strike, I screamed. I couldn't move so the only thing I could do was to scream.

I screamed louder. I was desperate to get her to stop.

As if a spell had been broken, I woke up.

I sat up on my bed.

What the hell just happened?

What kind of dream was that?

It was so vivid. I've never had a nightmare as scary as that one before.

My heart rate increased more each second. I could feel my clothes stick to my body. I was drenched in sweat.

I struggled for breath as I breathed heavily.

The horror wasn't over. The next thing I saw was enough to make me pass out.

At the foot of my bed, stood the woman from my dream. She was no longer covered in darkness. This time, I could seeher face. A malicious smile played on her lips. The knife was still in her hand.

I screamed. This time, my scream was real.

How did she get in here?

Am I imagining things?

Just as I was about to move, my door knob rattled. As soon as the door opened, the woman disappeared.

I blinked in shock. I probably just imagined it all.

Janet entered my room.

"What's the matter?" she asked me "I heard screaming"

"Uh...." I trailed "Nothing. I had a bad dream"

She squinted her eyes at me "Get dressed. Alpha Kyle will arrive in a few minutes"

"Yes ma'am"

She left, closing the door behind her.

I stayed still for a moment, trying to decipher what the hell just happened..

My breathing was still heavy and my heart was beating so fast that I could hear the sound of it in my ears.

What just happened?

I scanned my room. It was empty.

The dream felt so real. Even though I tried to convince myself that I hallucinate, a part of me was sure that I wasn't imagining things.

That woman was real. She was in my bedroom.

I shook my head.

No. It was just a bad dream. Sometimes, after people have nightmares, they start to see things. It's happened to me a few times too. This time is no different.

I was still a bit shaken up. I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare. I've never had anyone as vivid as this. It felt too real.

I can't explain it. There's just something off about it. I can't put my finger on it exactly.

I forced myself to get up. I don't want to get on Janet' s nerves. I have to get ready as soon as possible.

I went to my closet and looked for what to wear. I don't have too many options. I decided to go with a blue dress that stopped at my knee. It looked pretty enough.

After I put it on, I brushed my hair out and let it flow down my back.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I look presentable.

I put on my white flats then left my room, making my way downstairs.

I went to the dining area. Raquelle, Janet and my dad were already there.

Dinner was already served on the table. The maids had probably taken care of everything.

A man was talking to my dad. I couldn't see his face since he had his back to my front.

All I could see from behind is the fact that he's very muscular and tall. I felt tiny compared to him.

My dad introduced Raquelle to him.

Raquelle smiled charmingly as she shook his hand. She looked like she was attracted to him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Alpha" She said.

"The pleasure is all mine" the man replied.

For some reason, his voice sent chills down my spine.

His voice was deep and a bit hoarse. I had the urge to hear it again and again.

I have no dies why I feel this way.

My dad made eye contact with me

"That is my daughter, Rose" my dad said, gesturing to me.

I walked forward to greet him. Before I could say a word, I felt a strange sensation in my body.

My wolf, Anna, came alive at once.

She whispered something to me as soon as she saw him.

"Mate"