Chapter 19

I laid on my narrow uncomfortable bed in the dungeon.

No matter how many times I tossed and turned, I wasn't able to get any sleep.

There were so many thoughts going through my head. A lot had happened today.

First of all, who was the woman who appeared to me? She must be some kind of celestial being. She didn't seem like she was human. She looked like a spiritual entity of some kind. I just can't put my finger on it. I've never experienced something of the sort before. I was still amazed by it.

I wonder why she told me to stay with Kyle. She claims my destiny is with him.

How can my destiny be with someone who despises me?

How can my destiny be with someone who wants nothing to do with me?

When Taylor told me how worried Kyle was about me, I started to have some hope in my heart. I genuinely hoped that things would work out better for us. I thought Kyle's heart would finally soften towards me.

Instead, he still acted like the cold and cruel person he was. He ordered me to go back to the dungeon.

My heart ached when he told me those words.

All I want is for him to love me or at least, try to. I'm not asking for too much, or am I?

Maybe I'm so pathetic to the point that Alpha Kyle can't fathom the thought of being with someone like me.

It's all my fault, I guess. It's my fault for getting my hopes up every single time. Maybe I should just stay in my lane. I've tried everything but nothing seems to go in my favour.

I tried confessing my feelings. That didn't work.

I ran way. That didn't work. In fact, he seemed to be more aggravated by the fact that I ran away.

I'm starting to get used to this confinement and the unsettling feeling of being trapped down here anyway.

I closed my eyes, trying to force away my thoughts so I could get some sleep.

Suddenly, an intense wave of distress surged through me. I felt a wave of panic in my chest. The pain made me sit up on my bed immediately.

I was still trying to decipher what it was when the pain hit my again. The pain triggered my senses. I felt like I was in danger.

It took me a while to realize that this pain isn't coming from me. It's coming from Alpha Kyle. It was a sign of distress from him.

My instincts told me that he was in danger and that he needed help urgently.

Without a second thought, I leaped from my bed and rushed out of my cell. My bare feet echoed on the cold stone floor as I ran swiftly.

I located Kyle's room. As I got nearer, I could hear sounds of a muffled struggle. Something was definitely going on there. It was as if a fierce battle was going on behind the closed door.

My heart pounded with dread at the thought. I knew I had to act quickly.

With one swift motion, I pushed the door open. I was not ready for the chaotic scene in front of me.

There was a masked intruder in Kyle's room. He was covered in darkness. He had Alpha Kyle pinned against the wall with his hands wrapped tightly around Kyle's throat. Kyle's face had begun to turn an alarming shade of purple as he fought for breath.

He wasn't doing this by his own power. Kyle was way too strong for that. As I stepped in further, I could feel the presence of what he used to weaken Alpha Kyle: wolfsbane.

How did he even get in here?

Security is tight in this house and in the estate.

My instincts kicked into overdrive. Even though I knew he had wolfsbane on him, I launched myself at the assailant. I can't just let him kill my mate. However, I was pushed back by the force of the plant.

I couldn't get close to him. It weakened me with every second.

The scent of the stranger lingered in the air. His scent was a bit familiar. It was as if I knew this person. I just couldn't place her finger on who it was. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

I knew I couldn't separate the fight due to the wolfsbane he carried. I couldn't call someone. What if I did and before we came back, he had killed Alpha Kyle?

I had to do something on my own. Alpha Kyle struggled relentlessly. He looked like he was going to pass out any minute.

Something extraordinary happened.

I closed my eyes. A surge of energy coursed through my veins.

I don't know how it happened. I don't know why I even did it .

I whispered incoherent words, that even I didn't understand.

As I muttered these words, a huge force force enveloped the room.

In an instant, the stranger was wrenched away from Alpha Kyle. He was propelled backward with incredible force. He tried to get up but the field pinned him against the wall opposite.

The intruder struggled violently against the invisible bonds, but they held him firm, preventing him from moving.

I watched in amazement. My breathing was heavy and my head swirled with so many thoughts.

It seemed like I had tapped into a power I didn't know I possessed. The power had come to my aid in the most dire of circumstances and I was grateful for it.

Alpha Kyle struggled on the floor, holding his throat as he struggled to catch his breath.

Panicked and defeated, the masked intruder finally managed to break free and fled from the room. I didn't even bother stopping him. I was too shocked by what just happened.

Kyle looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

"How did you do that?" he murmured.

I looked at my hands. The power came from them yet they seemed pretty normal to me.

I looked at him "I don't know"