Chapter 18

Rose's POV

I stared at the lake. I watched the reflection of the moon in the tranquil water.

The rustling of the leaves and the wind blowing calmed me down.

I had managed to be more in control of my emotions now.

Even though I was a bit more calm, it didn't stop my heart from aching. There was a pain in my chest that didn't seem to want to go away. I have a feeling that it will be there for a while.

The lump in my throat got bigger as the time passed by.

I felt rejected and humiliated. I wish I never went into his office.

What was I thinking in the first place?

What did i think would happen? That I would go in there and confess my feelings to him? That I would tell him that I heard he was hurt before and I wouldn't do that to him? That I wanted to be with him no matter what?

What would have happened then? He would have hugged me and apologized for being mean to me and promise never to treat me that way again. After that, we'll live happily ever after.

These things only happen in fairytales. No matter how much I try to deceive myself, Alpha Kyle would have still thrown me out of his office if I confessed my feelings to him.

Either way, I would have still felt him being intimate with someone else through the mate bond. There's nothing that would have stopped him and Lucy from being together.

I closed my eyes, letting the tears fall freely.

A bright light shone in the forest. It was so bright that it started to affect my eye sight.

This is night. Where could this light have come from?

I opened my eyes to look in the direction of the light.

Slowly, the light disappeared.

After the light dispersed, a woman dressed in all white stood where the light previously came from.

She looked like a goddess. She was hands down the most beautiful womam I had ever seen in my life. She had long white hair with deep blue eyes. Her beauty was so mesmerizing to the point that it hurt to look at her.

Her gown was white as well. Her gown and her hair flowed effortlessly as if the wind blew on them specially.

The leaves on the floors started to float around her. Out of nowhere, a strong wind blew.

Who is this woman? I've never seen a sight like this in my life.

She smiled at me.

It wasn't just a friendly smile, it was a knowing one. She smiled at me as if she knew me personally.

"Rose" she said.

Her voice echoed throughout the forest. Everything seemed to be very still due to her presence.

I had a mixture of emotions inside me - curiosity and confusion.

I sat up "How do you know my name?"

"I know you, Rose" she smiled "I've known you ever since you were born. I've been watching you"

I was confused.

What does she mean by she's been watching me? I definitely don't know her.

She looked ethereal. She clearly isn't human.

Could she be an angel or something?

"Life has been unfair to you, Rose" she said "I can't imagine the pain you've had to go through"