[38] Positive

~*~*~*~Lily's POV~*~*~*~

Chapter 38

I was actually fussing over what to wear for tonight. It was my plan to go out and pick somewhere better to eat than McDonalds, which wouldn't technically be that hard. But now that Jojo wasn't going it made feel rather self conscious. Some would see this as a date. In my mind I knew that Cory would just see this as dinner, and I should too, but nevertheless... We would be alone.

Since Cory was shopping for some groceries I took the chance to go through my clothes. I had gone up at least two dress sizes due to the baby, and unfortunately I didn't bring as many clothes as I would have liked. This was going to be quite difficult. In the end I decided to just wear my stretch jeans, and my sleeveless top. The top was of a deep blue colour which was quite floaty. This made it hide my baby bump which was an upside.

Once I was impressed with my appearance I headed downstairs to get a snack. I always seemed to be hungry these days, and it never went away.

As I reached the bottom step, I felt my phone start vibrating in my pocket. I got it out and had a look to see who was calling me. My first instinct was my Mum, but when I looked at my caller ID, I was rather surprised to find Casey calling me.

I picked up the phone with a big grin, "Hello best friend."

"Pfft, save small talk... How's the Peterson residence?" she immediately jumped into the topic.

She was rather overwhelmed with hearing I had to spend a whole weekend at Cory's house. Her exact words were more like, 'a whole weekend alone of eternal love.' I then had to remind her that Jojo would be there. Let's just say she didn't persuade her fantasies any longer.

"It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be," I told her quite honestly.

I could sense her facial expression beyond the phone. She indeed would have a curious look on her face.

"What did you guys do?"

I scoffed, "We haven't done anything!"

"Lily... I am very concerned for your well being; please don't joke with me right now."

My laughter couldn't control itself, and I had to give it to Casey who was the only person that would say anything like that.

"It's rather casual and homey. I mean at the start it was rather hell bent and I felt like I would die any minute but at the moment its fun. Jojo is being...  well rather Jojo like. Cory is surprisingly being fun to be around, and I am having a good weekend," I told her happily.

"Yeah, I'm worried. Have you taken any medication lately?" Casey joked around.

"You are horrible you know that!"

Casey laughed and ended with a sigh, "It's good that you are having a good weekend though. You have had it pretty hectic lately. I would kill for the chance to get my parents out of the house!"

"You just want to have a party."

She didn't reply for a little while but finally mumbled, "Maybe."

I smiled through the phone. Casey was always just a little too predictable.

"That's probably why they won't leave you alone for a weekend."

"Probably," she laughed.

We continued to talking, which felt really good. I ended up mentioning everything that had happened and she told me how her weekend was going.