[50] Positive

~*~Lily's POV~*~

Chapter 50

As I walked away I noticed how fast my heart was beating and how weak my body was now becoming due to the encounter I just had. My mind was telling me that I was right to give him a piece of my mind even if it meant I was the one getting hurt but my heart was throbbing at the fact that we just had a fight. I wanted to fall down to the ground and just cry because of how utterly stupid he was... how stupid I was, and how stupid this whole situation that we always seem to be in. Today had seemed so absolutely right, it felt perfect. I mean we were so close... today was like a miracle and the last few days have been a breeze. Why must it always keep crashing down?

I clenched my fists as I continued walking, head down low through the massive crowd ahead of me. I honestly didn't care where I was going, as long as I got away.

Although my head kept replaying the same line that Cory said to me, making my heart ache more each time I thought it.

You're just so pushy, my brain continued to taunt me as the tears begun to fall from my eyes.

The strength I was using not to break down had been destroyed as I started shaking whilst tears flowed down my face. I continued to keep my head down low seeing as my main problem now was getting out of here before anyone really noticed what was going on. The last thing I needed was more talk about me.

My pace quickened as I reached the end of the oval where the Year 12 Home Economics class was running their restaurant. They were using one of the last classrooms of the building that was closest to the oval. It was a rather smart idea because they were able to us this so they could have indoor and outdoor seating.

I wiped away the tears that were spilling from my eyes before walking up to the entrance of the restaurant. I knew that I'd be able to access the bathroom from there.

This thought was lost though when I didn't even reach the stairs without hearing my name being called from behind me.

"Lily!"

My body froze as I turned around to be greeted only by Jojo and her blonde headed skater friend, Mike.

She immediately saw my face and a worried expression washed over her face. Mike seemed to have the same reaction but also mixed with confusion.

"Are you alright?" she asked me just as I felt the tears coming back.

The most I could do was shake my head as she pulled me into a hug. Jojo was never serious, only on one occasion had she ever shown any seriousness to me and that lasted only a few minutes at the least. I ended up hugging her back, soaking her shirt with my tears that just kept pouring out from me.

"Uh, Mike. How about you go get us a table and I'll meet you in there," I heard her say to him as she turned back to me.

She didn't say anything as she dragged me inside the school doors and into the bathroom that was down the hall. Luckily for me there was nobody else inside to listen to me sob over my dramas.

"It's Cory isn't it?"

I raised my head to see Jojo looking at me intensely, rather a bit angry for a change as I managed to get out a single, "y-yeah."

She sighed softly shaking her head, "My brother is a dweeb."

Surprisingly enough I laughed at Jojo whilst she seemed to brighten a bit from this.

"What did he do this time?"

I took a breath to see if I was able to make coherent words, which proved to be a lot more stable than it was a few minutes ago, "W-we were alright until I told him I loved him and he kind of just had a spat at me."