Chapter 31

ALEX'S POV

I watch as Becky slowly falls asleep in Liam's arms with tear stains running down her cheeks. Nate and Jace stand watching in shock at what they have just witnessed. I knew this is what Becky needed, to be reassured that she had someone there to keep her above the water. She is one of the strongest people I know and seeing her so broken just breaks my heart. I know she has had a hard life and she has been doing so well with staying above the water but this has swept her under and knocked all of her strength out from under her.

I look to Liam but all his attention on his sleeping beloved in his arms. I could see the pain in his eyes when I arrived, he hates seeing her sad. I knew they were beloveds from the moment I met Becky but I knew that Liam had to go away for training so I thought it would be better for both of them if I hid it from them. I wish I hadn't kept such a secret from them though because I could see the lost look in Becky's eyes once he was gone, I could hear her thinking about him even when she was with Andy, I could feel her waiting for his return. She was so lost when Liam left but she acted strong, she kept counting the years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds until he would come back. I knew she didn't want to be with anyone except Liam and that's the main thing that makes me regret keeping them being beloveds a secret.

"What are you two doing in there? How did you even get in there?" An officer asks, sounding shocked yet angry.

"You were breaking this girl from the inside out and we were stopping that from happening. She isn't a murderer nor an attempted murderer. She was trying to stop Michael from killing himself because that's part of her protective instincts. She protects anyone and everyone she can from harm so when Michael tried to walk backwards off the building she grabbed his arm to stop him. If she wanted to kill him she would not have pushed him off a building. Seeing a dead body on the streets can traumatise people so to prevent that she caught his arm. She saved his life and saved civilians from the trauma of having to witness something horrific." I answer and the officer looks taken back.

The officer looks to where Becky's sleeping form is and nods, "You said you had proof."

"I do." I answer.

"Come with me then." The officer says and I nod before walking out of the cell then following the officer to an office.

I hand him the disk that shows the whole conversation with Michael and he puts it to his computer then presses play. The things Michael says about his son is absolutely horrible, I would never say or do anything like he has done. Although Liam and I play fight and tease each other it's all play nothing horrible behind it.

"Alright, Miss Woods is free to go. I will keep this as evidence against Michael King who will be arrested for the attempted murder of Nate King." The officer says and I nod.

I walk back to the cell and Liam is still holding Becky in a safe, secure grip. Nate and Jace look to me with hopeful eyes and I nod which causes huge smiles to break out on their faces.

"Mr King, do you know where your father is?" The officer asks behind me.

"In bed at home. My mother said he is just lying there, not talking." Nate answers and the officer nods before walking off again.

"Why did he ask?" Nate asks me.

"Because he is to be arrested for the attempted murder of you." I answer and Nate's face sinks.

"He was the one who wanted me dead?" Nate asks and I nod.

"I am very sorry, Nate. I got the conversation on film and apparently his reasoning was he was jealous of you because you took the company further than he could." I answer and anger flashes in Nate's eyes.

Nate looks to Becky and sighs, "If it wasn't for Becky I would be dead at the hands of my own father. She found out the truth and still tried to stop him from killing himself. Not once would I see Becky as a murderer only a protector. She told me she protects those close to her but in truth she protects everyone, close or not. I don't know how many hits or bullets she has taken for me but I will be thankful for the rest of my life. The first time she saved my life I went home and told Monica that our first child will be named after her, in reality I would love to name each one of the girls I have after her."

"You could if you have three girls." Jace comments and Nate raises an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Nate asks.

"She has had three names in her life, one is her current, two before. Lily was her birth name, then Anna before she was kidnapped and Becky when she came back." Jace answers and Nate smiles.

"She has been to hell and back yet I can guarantee she would do it all over again if she had to." I comment causing Nate and Jace to nod in agreement.

"NO!" Becky screams causing all our heads to snap to her.

Becky then lets out a blood curdling scream as if she was in the most horrible pain before she jolts awake, looking around frantically. Her eyes land on Nate and Jace and she realises where she is then vanishes.

"Where did she go?" Liam asks, looking straight at me.

"I don't know, she blocked me out." I answer sadly.

"What the hell? How can she just vanish like that?" Jace asks. He doesn't know.

"I'll explain later but can you remember somewhere that she might go?" I ask and Jace shakes his head.

"Knowing her she would go to where she was dreaming of." Liam says.

"Bryan and Matthew's mansion." Jace states and Liam vanishes.

"This is getting really trippy." Jace mutters as I lead them out to my car.

We all get in the car and I speed off to Bryan and Matthew's old mansion. When we get there the scene is horrible. Liam is on his knees begging Becky who is standing on the grass, holding a pistol to her temple.

We all rush out of the car and Becky's eyes flick to us then back to Liam.

"Please, Becky, I'll do anything. Please don't do this. I love you, I can't lose you." Liam begs.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I love you so, so much but I can't handle this any longer." Becky replies sadly in a broken tone.

"They won't forgive you." Jace states and Becky's eyes snap to look at him.

"They won't forgive you if you take your own life. They would want you to live a long, happy life and remember the happy times you had with them. They would want you avenge them by living with those who love you. They wouldn't want you to cause pain for all those who love you. They died happy knowing you would live. They took what was coming and accepted it with open arms knowing that you would get to live on. They would be disappointed if you did this." Jace states, slowly walking towards Becky with every word.

"Give me the gun, Becky." Jace demands softly, holding out his hand to her.

Becky slowly pulls the gun away from her temple with shaky hands and places it in Jace's hand. She then looks to Liam and runs to him, falling on the ground beside him and wrapping her arms around him tightly. Liam hugs her back tightly as they both cry.

"Never do that to me again." Liam whispers in a plead.

"Never. I'm staying with you forever." Becky whispers back.

"Who is they?" Nate asks Jace.

"Her family and Chelsea." Jace answers curtly, obviously upset about Becky's attempt to take her life. 

Jace walks to my car and gets in the back. I sigh in relief, sadness and happiness concerning the recent scene. I'm glad Becky didn't take her life but I'm sad that she wanted to and went as far as holding the gun to her temple. I can only imagine how Liam is feeling right now, probably my feelings times ten.

No matter how hard things get for Becky she will always be strong enough to get back up once she is knocked down and this situation proved it in a twisted way.