Truth or Dare

The gladers are having a little party to welcome the greenie, Thomas. You are sitting by the campfire, while the other gladers are talking in little groups. Thomas comes and sits next to you.

"Hey," Thomas said.

"Hey Thomas! What's up?" you respond.

"Nothing much...besides not being able to remember anything except my name," he says, mumbling the last part.

You sigh. Poor guy, you think to yourself. "I know what it feels like to be in your position...not remembering anything except your name and then getting thrown into this strange place. Don't worry though. You'll get used to it," you say, trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah, I guess. It's just really frustrating," he says. You don't know how to respond because you feel that way too. You always try to remember something from your past, anything, but to no avail. It's not just frustrating, it's almost maddening. You both become quiet, lost in thought. You try to continue the conversation to take your mind off of it

"But hey! That doesn't mean we still can't have fun, right? How about we go play a game of truth or dare with the other gladers?"

"Umm alright. But what's truth or dare?"

"It's a game where you either choose to do something stupid or tell a secret about yourself. But take it from me, if you don't want to look like a wimp, then choose dare." You grab Thomas' hand and lead him to the circle of boys already playing. You both sit down, and listen to the others' turns.

"Chuck, truth or dare?" a glader asks.

"Truth."

A chorus of groans and an occasional "wimp!" sound from the group.

"Told you," you whisper to Thomas. He nods in response.

"Fine. Truth it is. Chuck,...tell us what you honestly think of the greenie." A couple snickers could be heard from around the group, and everyone looks over at Thomas.

"Umm...he seems pretty cool I guess. I don't really know him well enough to say anything else."

"Now it's Chuck's turn to pick somebody," you explain to Thomas. Chuck eyes the group, contemplating who to choose.

"Thomas. Truth or dare?

Thomas thinks for a moment and then calls out ,"Dare!"

Smart move, you think to yourself. Then, chuck says something you can't believe: "I dare you to kiss (y/n)."