Sad Ending

"Gally..." Clint says. "There's nothing we could do for her. I'm sorry to say but..."

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT!!" Gally yells. "She's going to make it. She has to!" Clint just sighs sadly, knowing Gally won't listen to him. Whispering in your ear, Gally says, "(y/n), you can't die on me! I need you. I can't survive without you. You're a part of me, and if you die, a part of me dies too..."

Newt walks in, "What's up with all the bloody yelling?" Clint pulls Newt aside to explain the situation to him. "Ah, I see..." Newt, with a sad look on his face, comes over to Gally. "I am really sorry, Gally." Newt walks out, motioning for Clint and Jeff to leave Gally alone with you. Gally breaks down sobbing, crying so hard he can barely breathe. Once the initial sadness subsides a bit, anger sets in. Gally starts to scream and destroys the room. "WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN ME?!?!" He stops throwing things and collapses again, crying his heart out. "It's all my fault..."

Thomas and Minho enter. "Whoa!" they say, looking at the mess Gally made. "Gally, you ok?" They're confused to find him bawling on the floor.

"What do you think happened?" whispers Thomas to Minho.

"By the looks of it, I'd say (y/n) didn't make," Minho explains sadly. Thomas looks devastated, and a couple tears fall out of his eyes. "C'mon. Let's go help Gally," Minho says. They go over and lift up Gally, dragging him away from the room. Gally is too weak...too vulnerable to resist. All he can say is, "it's my fault. I should've ran faster." "I should've stayed." and lastly, "it should've been me."

---------ONE YEAR LATER---------

Gally makes his way to the forest. He enters the dead heads area and finds your tombstone. "I brought you some more flowers, (y/n)." He places the little bouquet on top of the large pile already there. The pile contains some dead flowers, as well as live ones. He sits down next to your grave, leaning against the gravestone. He rests his hand on your grave. "It's been exactly 365 days, since you...died." He begins to cry, something he has become accustomed to. "Honestly, I don't even know how I'm still here. The pain is still as bad as it was that day. I think of suicide on a daily basis, and I've been so close to killing myself sometimes, too. The only thing that stops me is you. I know you wouldn't want me to. If you were here, you'd comfort me...maybe even make me laugh. This idea somehow pushes me through the roughest patches...but I still can't help but to look forward to the day I die, so I can finally be reunited with you."

By now, Gally can't continue his speech because he's crying too hard, sobs wrack his whole body, and he's struggling to breathe. Gally hears the footsteps of the other gladers. He wonders what they're doing here. Newt speaks up first, "Hi, (y/n). We've all decided to pay you a visit today and wanted to tell you that we're here for your Gally. We'll try to take care of him for you." He places some flowers on the grave and so do the others. Gally is touched by the gladers' actions but can't thank them due to his sobbing.

Next, Thomas says, "Hey, (y/n). It's Thomas. I just wanted to say everyone misses you. You've greatly impacted everyone's life here, and we couldn't be more thankful. You've all helped us at some point during your time here at the glade. You were especially kind and forgiving to me despite all that happened between us. I feel honored to have been able to call you my friend. I hope you're better off now and are helping us out from the other side." Thomas lays down a large bouquet of flowers on the grave.

"Those were her favorites..." Gally whispers.

"I know. I thought she'd appreciate them," Thomas says, a sad, melancholic smile forming on his face. Lastly, Chuck comes up and puts a little statue on your grave. "This was from my parents, (y/n). I want you to have it because you were my mom, since I can't remember my real one. You were always there for me, caring for me and comforting me. I couldn't have asked for a better person to be my mom. I just want to say thank you for everything."

By now, almost all the gladers have started crying, especially Gally, Thomas, and Chuck. Gally stands up, clears throat, and says, "I can't thank you all enough for what you have done. I know (y/n) would've appreciated it so much." Chuck runs over and gives Gally a hug, and soon, the other gladers join in, resulting in a giant group hug. Gally whispers, "I love you, (y/n), forever and always."

The End