The Mute [OHSHC]

Just a quick note to the new readers,

Greetings readers!

First things first, thank you so much for the views and for voting on my story, even though it' s quite stupid and crappy. It's been years since I published this story and upon rereading it, I knew I had to make some major changes with the plot, the characters and everything.

But anyways, if you decided to read on, thank you so much! But I warn you of the following:

1.This story was written back when I was fairly new to writing. So expect those Grammar and writing errors as you read on.

2.This story contains some non-sense. I understand the confusion that this fan fiction may cause the readers, and it is mostly about how Natsumi is called mute when she can talk and sing. I do not even know myself how I even came up with that.

3.Please do pardon my '-chan' and '-kun' thingies and the short chapters.

4. I don't really know if the OHSHC characters get OOC at times, but if they do, please forgive me for that.

5. Lack of use of italics and bold. I wrote this fan fiction only on my iPad and use safari.

6. I've only noticed it now, but, Natsumi is... I think, a Mary Sue character. And for that, I am totally embarrassed with my story.

Please, if there are any more errors in this story please do inform me. Also, maybe some day I will edit all the chapters of 'The Mute'.

Thank you once again!

-------------------

-CHAPTER ZERO-

Years ago, I had a perfect and complete family. Nothing seemed wrong, we were quite wealthy, but not in the way that we can afford anything we want immediately. I remembered all of us always having smiles plastered on our faces as if our lives were free from problems.

But of course, that was years ago. When everything was perfect.

"Papa!" I cried out as I ran on my little legs to catch up with dad, who was boarding the bus. He turned just in time to see me trip, making me fall face first on the pavement.

I struggled to sit up since the fresh wound on my knee and my face from tripping was hurting. And soon enough, I was crying. Papa crouched in front of me and dropped his suitcase beside him before cupping my puffy cheeks. He smiled lovingly at me and said, "Don't cry... I hate seeing my Princess cry..."

"Why are you leaving, Papa? Where are you going? Mommy said that you were going to leave us. I don't want that. I don't want that Papa!" I shouted as I threw fists at his chest. I stopped once he hugged me, and I ended up sobbing into his arms as I continued to plead him not to go.

Before I knew it, Papa let go of me and grabbed his suitcase as he stood up. "Remember that I'll always love you no matter what. Be a good girl, okay? I promise to visit you every month," I could only nod at his requests as he placed a hand on top of my head. "I'll be going now. See you soon, Natsumi." And with that, he turned around and walked towards the bus. I was left there, shocked and crying my heart out. I attempted to chase after him, but the pain returned and prevented me from doing it.

And I was left there on the pavement, broken and crushed.

It was the last time I remembered Father being nice and loving to me. And it was the last time I ever saw him smile lovingly.

The sound of plates crashing and things being thrown over resounded within the house. It left me and my sisters scared and nervous. Mommy was acting weird lately, and tonight she is acting even weirder.

"I'm scared..." Spoke Saki from under the sheets of her bed. "I'll go check on mom and see what's happening down there," suggested Erin as she threw the sheets off of her. I grabbed her shoulder to stop her from leaving the room, "I'll do it. Please, Erin." Erin looked like she was debating herself on whether she will allow me or not, but in the end, she did allow me.

I exited our bedroom and silently proceeded downstairs to where mommy is. Once I was able to get a good view from the stairs, I stopped and observed from there.

Mommy was downstairs, a beer in her hand. She looked like a mess. Her hair was untamed and she looked like she hadn't been sleeping for days. I noticed too that tables were overturned and some things were knocked off from their original spot.

"Stupid! Stupid! How could that son of a ---- actually have another wife!? How could he!? And he said that I'm his mistress! Yeah right, mistress my ass!" Exclaimed mommy from below as she threw this around.

I remembered the shock I experience upon hearing that as a child. I was starstrucked and speechless. I remembered that it became the start of how I changed.

"Isn't she the daughter of a mistress?"

"Yeah, I think she is."

"My mother said not to interact with her and her sisters. She said they were bad influence."

I remembered rumors spreading around our neighborhood and school. It caused us to get constantly bullied. But I was more prone to it.

I remembered changing because of that. I remembered shutting everyone out and not speaking for weeks just because of depression.

It caused me to change.