Chapter Thirteen: Apology Accepted! Part 2

The situation right now can't get any worse. 

It all made sense now, all the ruckus awhile ago, it was to set us up. Those nasty little hosts, and probably my sisters, set us up! Unbelievable!

'I am going to kill whoever is responsible for this,' I thought to myself.

"Look," started Hikaru. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him bluntly. He scratched the back of his neck and averted his gaze from mine, a tint of pink dusting his cheeks. He looked like he was contemplating about something, his brows were creased together and his lips quivered. And finally wit a sigh he said, "Look, Natsumi, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to--you know--startle you or something," 

My eyes widened in shock. Hikaru Hitachiin? The mischievous twin and little devil who could charm any girl with his looks and smile, saying sorry? Woah, that's a bit new to me.

I stifled a laugh, unable to reply to his apology. He immediately turned red and glared at me, "What? What did I do?" 

I straightened my posture and cleared my throat once I was calmed down, "Nothing, you did nothing. It's just that, it's not like everyday I encounter you saying sorry, ya know," I trailed off as I adjusted my clothing, "but yeah, apology accepted, Mr. Hitachiin!" He crossed his arms over his chest and huffed, "Whatever."

I grinned sheepishly and instinctively, I reached for his hand, which startled him a bit. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

* *

It was already past 12 noon, and we were quite exhausted from all the walking and the activities we did. So far, we were having a good time, even though Hikaru wouldn't admit it. Upon spotting a nearby unoccupied bench, we immediately made a run for it and occupied it. 

"Uh Natsumi? Is it alright if I go and check out that shop over there?" said Hikaru beside me as he pointed at the jewelry shop nearby.

"Mhm," I hummed. And so, he stood up from his seat and disappeared into the jewelry shop, leaving me alone.

 As boredom began to overwhelm me, my eyes spotted an ice cream vendor, remembering what Misuzu said about ice creams in Karuizawa. I started my way to the vendor, and brought out my wallet in order to prepare for the payment. 

The vendor smiled warmly and spoke, "So, are you here for Karuizawa's best ice cream?" I giggled and said, "Yup! two vanilla ice cream please." I said as I handed the payment over, which he gladly  received. Suddenly, the ice cream vendor disappeared for a while and then came back, but his hair was blonde now. His voice changed too giving me suspicions. I eyed him suspiciously as he handed the two vanilla ice creams to me.

I heard my name being called. As it got louder, I saw Hikaru right beside me. "Don't you go and disappear like that!" he scolded me. Ignoring his scolds, I handed him the other vanilla ice cream while he got it. He ate the ice cream and continued.

We continued our--well, not exactly--date, buying food and roaming around. While walking around, I spotted figurines and stared at it in awe. I pointed at the figurine and turned to Hikaru, "Hey Hikaru, isn't this nice?" I asked. He played his gameboy and said, "yeah yeah, it sure is nice." I pouted and stood up straight, crossing my arms, "You're no fun!"

"Natsumi?" 

I turned around and saw a familiar social butterfly in his working clothes, sweat covered his body, as he carried a large box, "Kira!"

 I happily skipped towards him and smiled. "What are you doing here?" he asks. I shifted my gaze to Hikaru, who was playing with his gameboy and turned to Kira, "Well, Hikaru and I were just on a stroll," He playfully pouted and averted his gaze to the ground, "Well, if that's the case, I guess I can't spend time with you huh?" For a moment, I actually felt sorry for him.

"Don't worry! I think Hikaru wouldn't mind if you join us, isn't that right Hikaru?" I nudged Hikaru's side with my elbow. He only groaned and muttered a "Whatever" before returning to his gaming session. Kira on the other hand walked into the store and came back, fresh in his casual clothes.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

Afterwards, the three of us headed to the nearby park Hikaru paid no attention at all as he got lost in his own little world through his headphones, while I listened intently to Kira's constant blabbering about the place. As Kira blabbered about, I can't help but let my mind wander off to why Hikaru was acting so strange ever since Kira joined us. Was he uncomfortable around him? Did he do something wrong? It was all too confusing.

We finally arrived at the park and saw tons of people around. A large Sakura tree caught my eye, and somehow I got lost in its beauty. I must have been spacing out for quite some time since I felt a hand on my left shoulder and turned seeing Hikaru, concern clearly written on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I smiled reassuringly and said, "Yup! Don't worry 'bout me!" Kira suddenly appeared out of nowhere right between us, startling us.

 He's just too weird sometimes.

 "Now, now, you can do whatever you want after we head to our picnic area, Lovebirds!" I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. I shifted my gaze to the ground and played with my dress.

 "W-We aren't in love with each other!" he protested. 

"Y-Yeah! I mean, we're just mere best friends. Nothing more, nothing less." I felt Hikaru stiffen beside me.Meanwhile, Kira was laughing his ass off. I grumbled, face still flushed, and stomped my way to our picnic area. I wasn't going to deal with any of that anymore, no way.

"Natsumi, I swear, your too oblivious!" he shouts from behind me.

"Whatever!" I shouted back.

After all that, we headed to our picnic area. The awkwardness was still there, unfortunately. We waited until sunset s suggested by Kira. All the awkwardness seemed to disappear once sunset appeared, it was a real beauty. The rest of our time was spent with us conversing with each other. Somehow, I got the two to talk to each other, making theme--in my opinion--decent friends. Hikaru doesn't seem uncomfortable around him anymore and was friendlier now than before. Once we decided it was time to head back home, we went on our separate ways.

But unbeknownst to us, fate has its own plans.

* *

(Omniscient POV)

SOMEWHERE.....

A group of teenagers formed a circle in a dark room. All of them laughed while some squealed. "Great job underpants!" a teenage girl said as she pats the boys back, the boy groaned before smiling.

"So what do we do next?"

"Next is, operation LTIAR,"

"What's that?"

The girl grinned evilly and said,

"Operation Lock-Them-In-A-Room!"

The door immediately swung open, revealing a fuming Natsumi. Everyone in the room was startled, and they immediately pointed to a black-haired girl, namely Erin. Everyone knew what she was going to ask, and they have prepared for it.

And so, it ended with Natsumi chasing Erin around the room.

-------

A/N:

I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD BIOTCHES!

ha!, so I've finally updated!.

I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR MONTHS!.

I hope I did this chapter great. Anyways, thanks for reading!.

EDIT 3/24/16: EDITED THE CHAPTER GUYSS, I HOPED YOU LIKED IT 8D