«Stress dancing»

Lapis' point of view

The blue silk spread across the cold floor. Oh...and me too. I layed on the only comfortable position I could find in the limited space I had. I bring my back up, just stareing blankly at the empty lime green wall infront of me.
The yellow electric barrier giving it the lime color. Suddenly the color fades away and a shock sound comes from behind me.

-"Your time of freedom has begun, seize every second."- a raspy voice came from behind me, it echoed a few times inside the small room, bouncing on the walls in an annoying way. But if I just said one word they would take away my privileges that only one or two other gems had. I take my time to stand up, and her voice speaks with a bit of desperation. -"well get up."- she slams her fist softly a few times on the wall. I stand firmly and walk outside, without making any kind of visual contact. Behind the Orange's body, there was this calm slim gem. Her hair up in a triangled shape and some robotic things replacing most of her limbs. As always, her metal floating fingers forming a octagon shape to access her to her log. Most of the time I see her she is being entertained by the moving thing.

The electric Yellow barrier reappears behind me, by now I just wanted to spread my wings and fly around desperately to find an escape like a terrified bird. But it was not worth it.
The orange striped gem left without saying anything else, her heavy weight making her footsteps louder than normal. She swifts back her white mane which she calls hair. -"If she tries anything funny, don't hesitate to call me."- She said before leaving, the triangled gem simply nodded, her eyes still glued to the screen infront of her.
-"Follow me please."- Peridot asked with a soft tone, she was never that aggressive like her escort. She had never raised her voice at me. Maybe because I'm screaming my pain in silent words.
Her clangs bounced through the hallways. As I follow her I look down at my naked feet with my cold fingers intertwined behind my back.
I decide to raise my gaze, and my eyes spot her log screen. I couldn't quite understand, she was amazing with these kind of things. Well...her and all the other Peridots on our home planet.

We reach this dark part of the hallways and some big wide doors infront of us with the Diamond symbols in the middle. A small screen besides them. A gem scanner.
Peridot's screen disappears and she leans to the other one. A white light scanning her gem for a few seconds, then it makes a beep sound. The yellow Diamond in the middle glows. She steps aside and lets me scan my gem, I hold my ribbon and the thing scans my gem for a few seconds as well. Now the blue diamond in the middle of the doors began to glow.
The gem placed a code on the pad before pushing the heavy doors with a bit of a struggle. It revealed the break room. The room where us well-behaved prisoners get to spend a few hours inside. A few members of blue Diamond's court were inside, they also kept us prisoners here, just until we arrive to our home planet. And it's a bit far away; too far away.

The door slammed close behind me and it caught me by surprise. My eyes wandered around the gardened room, it was an artificial replica of the earth's beautiful green area. On the distance, a rare Sapphire that had the gift to see in to the future, sitting alone on a stone bench. She looked at me, I think, her bangs didn't quite let me know. But I was pretty sure she had smiled at me. The small gem signaled both of us to come. We approach her and I sit next to her while the green gem stands besides us.
-"Good evening, Peridot."- Sapphire gave her a small nod and smile, the stubborn gem simply offers her a fake smirk. -"The garden looks extra radiant today."- The small blue gem added, Peridot quite liked the compliments on her work. -"Why thank you, I spent extra hours working on the colors and saturation."- she closes her eyes proudly, again. I get lost in my thoughts, my LOUD thoughts that only I could hear.

Blue Diamond's punishments were rare. Since I have memory, Yellow and Blue Diamond were great sisters, but the war made then change their way of thinking a little bit .So they decided to split up to two and create different colonys. And that's what comes to my mind. What would make them change their mind?
Still...their gems from within their different courts can interact...depends anyways...

-"Still thinking about them again?"- a soothing voice interrupts me.
-"Well...yeah...you were there. Why don't you tell me what happened?"- I begged hesitantly to the Sapphire besides me. -"I'm not permitted to tell you that."- the opposite blue cleared her throat. Eyeing me to the Peridot behind us. Which seconds later sat on the same stone bench with her back facing us. -"Why not? We're Blue Diamond's  precious stones, her preferred gems. We are practically rulers besides her. Why can't I just know that?"- I again complain to Sapphire. But the stubborn green gem interrupts -"Hey...I'm not allowed to know that either."- The Peridot scoffed, resting her elbows on her metal knees. Her toned back flexing and very noticeable thanks to the opening on her costume with a V shape. It's true. The gems present inside this artificial garden were the preferred ones for their superiors. Even though there was hundreds of Peridots, Yellow Diamond has this kind of cling towards her. Actually the feeling is mutual.

-"Your story to hear is different."- Sapphire settled her bangs appart to reveal her one blue sparkly eye. She looks blankly at the Peridot. -"But again, I'm not allowed to tell."- Sapphire gave a teasing smile.

-"Sooner or later I'll find out."- Peridot sat up straight, cracking her spine and stretching. Suddenly, a crack of laughter from the gifted gem. -"What's so funny?"- the Peridot raised her eyebrow. Sapphire narrowed her eye at her, she still held a teasing grin on her face. -"Nothing...Nothing...but it's not even that important anymore. What matters is the now."- Sapphire floated out of her seat besides me.
-"And...what might happen in the future."- she took one last glance at us, a small smile on her lips before leaving to explore the garden.

-"Ugh I hate that."- I thought out loud. Sapphire does this, teases us with hints of unexpected events that might happen in the future, then keeps quiet. -"What?"- the green asks. I did not want to respond, but what all she's done to me the least I can do is do that. -"How she leaves you on a cliffhanger..."- I mumble so she couldn't hear me.

Our eyes stayed appart. She sat on the opposite side of the bench facing the opposite way as well. We didn't make eye contact. In fact, we had never made eye contact. Never...huh.

But it wasn't really that important. What was important now is to be pacient until we arrive to homeworld.
Again, my thoughts were invading me so much I didn't even realize the long period of silence between us two.

-"Why do you want to help me?"-

-"Because I want answers too..."- she quickly responded. -"And I just want someone to know what it is to feel..."-

Sad?
Depressed?
Confused?
Small?
Forgotten?
Used?

Alone?...

I hugged myself and held the knot inside my throat, but the gem wouldn't continue her sentence. Instead she stood up and made her way to the door. -"Anyway...Jasper will come back to pick up both of you sometime in the night, feel free to explore the ship as well."- she said, never turning her head around to atleast look at me with the corner of her eyes. I even wonder what color are they.
She inserts her code and leaves the spacy room to ourselves. The slam on the doors seemed to be the start button to my deep thoughts once more.
Now I know she actually feels...and she isn't just a robot Peridot like the others. This one was different.

Too different.

I find myself standing in the middle of the flowered floor, a blue gem sitting on a small fountain in the distance. -"Stress dancing again?"- she asked.

-"I never even realize when I do it..."-

_______________________

Is another Steven Bomb coming in March?!? Idk but there is rumors in Instagram and tumblr...

~BF