«Mission complete»

Lapis' point of view

My eyes enlarged at the sight of the angry eyes penetrating in to me. My chest stiffened. The gem slid one slipper inside and slid herself through the gap, closing the door behind herself. —"I thought you left."— I growled at the nosy Pearl standing on my door. I throw myself on the bed again and play with my tangled hair, brushing the tips of it. —"I never left..."— Pearl came to a pause,—"I saw everything."—, I nearly choked on my gasps. I again fall to the ground, I crawl to her feet.
—"No you didn't."— I spat to the Pearl checking her polished nails. —"Yep, everything."— she teased with a crooked smile, she fluffed her Yellow hair and looked down at my flushed face. This was so intimate. Well figures...we were in the middle of a hallway. But still. Tsk.

—"Don't tell the Diamonds, please! I beg of you!"— ,ha, me, begging to the feet of a Pearl. Which onced I called toy, weak, fragile, useless. Here I am kissing one's feet to spare our lives. —"Who you should be worry about is Jasper ,darling."— she looks down with a heavy grin. I completely forgot about that monster. I brush my bangs out of my face and make her some sad eyes. I could tell my pupils shaking, because I saw a few more blury shots of gems. Wait...

—"What's going on here?"— Peridot walked in. She raised an eyebrow at the sight of me kneeling infront of Pearl. I quickly stand up and brush my skirt with a light burn on my cheek. Peridot was in zone of confusion, then in moments we were all trapped in awkward silence. Finally Peridot decides to break it with some interesting news.—"Aaaanyways...last minute mission on board, Jasper spotted something."— Peridot settles some new pair of visors that were on her face. Pearl and me look at each other with narrowed eyes, knowing we had some unfinished business to attend to when I get back. Peridot walks out, and I go after her, but in the middle of my attempt the nosy Pearl shoves my shoulder with hers. Ugh.

I see Sapphire and the other blue gems rush behind Jasper's thick cape. I walk behind Peridot and reach for her hand, holding it tightly at the back of everybody. The buff gem opens the door, this place was grey, it was foggy, it was dark and cold. Smoke clouds slid through the surface. Some tree-like figures together in a bunch in different sections. We copied Jasper's pace. A slow pace. The moment my bare foot touches the ground I shiver, it was rough and it was cracked.
—"Peridot, come over here."— Jasper orders to the gem holding my hand, she quickly unties her metals from me and walks to Jasper's side. Projecting a gem shaped hologram infront of us four. —"Gems. This is Topaz, Orange Topaz. An ancient warrior that fought for our species more than a billion years ago."— she cupped her hand under the glowing figure. It had a sort of an oval shape.
—"The Diamonds confirmed this gem is in perfect shape, right here in this planotoid."— Jasper turned and continued to walk, The Peridot besides her completely ignoring my existence. Sapphire again holds tightly my hand. The green gem walked besides Jasper firmly, a whole new attitude shift from one of before. Her escort slash...lover would do things if she noticed a strange behavior in her. The rare Sapphire curled her hair eyeing around the foggy area. This place was very dark. The cold ran up my legs until it reached my chest to give me this uncomfortable pain. My body shivered various times, not only because of the coldness but also because of the feeling of the presence. The presence of the spirits of the dead gems floating around vaguely. Their breathing trickled on my neck, I could tell all the others were just as fretful as me. I glance around the area one more time, a few blury silhouettes surrounding us, but nobody seemed to notice. As I was about to shake Sapphire's hand for attention, I realize the emptyness of my hand.
Everybody had left, I was alone; with these strange figures in the distance. Hopefully they were my teammates, that were just splitting up to look for this rare gem. A small and cold wind begins to blow, my blue hair cluttering my face. I hug myself in order to keep me warm.