«Hazel eyes»

Lapis' point of view

Again the green gem entered the room, her eyes glued to her screen log once more. Doesn't she ever get out of that bright thing?
Sapphire stood up from besides me and motioned me to accompany her to the exit. We walked rapidly through the wide doors and waited for the other blue gems to step out.
A small group of like seven or eight more gems from Blue Diamond's court walked outside and walked in a bunch before the technician.
Sapphire and me being in the front of the messy crowd. -"Tonight is going to be a long night."- Sapphire said with a stiff face, her small hands placed on the bump on her skirt. I look down at her confused, again She goes with the teasing, sometimes she doesn't do it on purpose but it is still a bit...annoying. -"Why so?"- I ask her ,she looked back at the taller gems behind her and then looked to her front again. -"Never mind my words...they confuse you anyways."- she settles her bangs appart with a soft motion to reveal her eye again. I glance back at the Blue gems behind us, at the very end the only different colored stone looking blankly at her screen log. Suddenly, she turns it off and keeps an eye on us, but before she could take a look at me I look forward to where I was heading.
-"You know what else confuses me?"-

-"Peridot?"-

-"Peri-...wait...how do you know I was going to say that?"- I cross my arms, now a bit weirded out. -"It is pretty obvious."- she giggled, -"and besides...she is a very confusing being."- she admits with a small nodd, brushing off a bit of leafs from her puffy skirt. -"I know right?"- I growl, looking at the moving walls. Peridot walks through the messy crowd and walks infront of us now. Well besides Sapphire actually. After a few twists and turns from the enormous ship, we arrive to the meeting room. At least that's what I've heard Jasper call it. It's where we take seat on a very long table made out of Emerald material, right in the middle a beautiful soft pink fabric with a few candles over it. You think these gems keep us miserably prisoned in our cells, but really, they treat us very decently, well some do...

Like always, I sit besides Sapphire. All the gems take their seat, including Peridot and her friendly escort. The Jasper sits at the very end and Peridot at the opposite end. We all look very rashly at each other. I take a small and secretive glance at the quiet Peridot, weirdly she does not have her eyes on her screen log, yet she was already looking at me...

GYAAH!

I lean back violently, covering my tinted face with the wild hair of a gem sitting on my other side. Sapphire gives a tender expression and scoffed with a smirk. I just ignored it and crossed my arms, still on the slouching position. A pixie dust formed infront of us, summonging a glass of some drink of some kind. Sapphire never drinks it, it has a terrible sour taste, including myself, we throw it under the table, it will disappear eventually after two minutes. Us gems don't have to digest anything, we just eat out of pleasure. But I wasn't that kind.
The Jasper pushed her seat back, I noticed her fancy clothing. She was given the privilege to have a closet full of clothes made out of real fabric. But she only uses them for special occasions like this. Her wild hair was pulled back in to a low tail. She looked...nice.

She cleared her throat to get our attention, only a few were caught, the gems keps talking to each other. Finally the Jasper clicks her glass. All eyes were on her. I hope.
-"As you all know, we do this every six earth rotations. But I decided to do this a bit early just to share some important news with you. My Diamomd has officially named me captain of your service, and all other ships of course."- great...a new pet. But still...I would be back home to my colony and everything will be back to normal, I will never have to endure with these people again.

-"But that's not all..."- Jasper pulled her seat and sat, she intertwined her fingers on the table and took a few seconds before speaking. I hear Sapphire sigh. -"Yellow Diamond has informed us she wants a few of you to accompany us for a few more missions."- the second she finished her sentence, all of the blue gem's began to whine. Me and Sapphire exchange worried gazes.
Not a moment after, all the glasses jump with the way Jasper burried her fist on the table with anger.
-"QUIT WHINING."- She shouted, the room was silent now. She again cleared her throat to settle her emotions.
-"The rest of the unmentioned gems will return to Blue Diamond's court safely."- she continued.