«Training mode»

Peridot's point of view

I couldn't stop thinking of this morning, her eyes, the stars in them. My thoughts kept me up the whole time, I couldn't even think straight. Thank goodness Jasper couldn't read minds, because if she could I would've been shattered moments ago. That blue gem yelled for attention at the back of my head.

-"Peridot."- A loud voice startled me. It was Jasper, we both woke up early to check on the unused training court. We were inside the break room.
-"You've been really quiet this morning, Peridot."- Jasper said as she sipped on her mug with mineral tea. My eyes widened at her point, it's never good when I stay silent. I fakily cleared my throat as I served her second mug with her favorite tea.
-"My throat just hurts."- I lied, she notices it as well. Her eyebrow raises at my sentence and she brings the mug to her lips and takes a last sip.
-"Don't lie to me. I know very well when you are lying to me."- Jasper teased and placed her mug on the table as she stood up. She wore her usual uniform this time, the one that is molded to her skin. Her wild white mane was completely loose now. I like it when she looks like this.
I stayed silent to her statement. A drop of sweat rolling down my forhead and I quickly wipe it off. I glance at my visors at the end of the table.-"You're not hiding anything from me...right?"- she glares and takes her new tea from the handle.
-"N-no"- I gulp. She was just to busy thinking about today's tasks, she couldn't complain about my strange behavior. Her thick thumb grabs my chin, and she raises my face to look at her. She looks deeply in to my uneven irises.-"You have such beautiful eyes, did I ever tell you that?"- she held a grin on her lips. I slowly nodd to her.
I wouldn't want to count the hundreds of times she's said this. She plants a kiss on my gem and walks to the door, this makes me fall on the chair. These little things blow me away. How she is very sweet sometimes. But unfortunately deep inside she's a beast.
-"I'm going to wake these pathetics up. Get the controls ready, and set it on easy."- she leaves me alone in this gigantic train court. A few seconds after. A nosy voice echoed in the spacy room.
-"Peridot, Yellow Diamond is calling to your channel and you are not picking up."- Yellow Pear leaned on the frame with crossed arms.
-"WHAT?!"- I sprint through the stairs and open up my channel on the control panel of this court. I insert my code and I spot the missed calls from my Diamond. Just as I was about to click on them. A new call pops up. I touch my face and notice my missing visors. -"Where are my visors?!"- I panicked, then a pair of visors poked my shoulder. I glance at the yellow Pearl handing them over, I quickly took them and placed them on my face before accepting my Diamond's call.

A blury shot of the Diamond, a few seconds later the video call got clearer and I could see every detail of her face. -"Finally, I've been calling you since two in the afternoon. Why were you not answering my calls?"- the Diamond sprayed. I gulp, and Yellow Pearl grips on the back of my chair.
-"Forgive us my Diamond. All communication entries in the ship were having some difficulties, luckily Peridot fixed all of them."-

Did she just defend me?

-"Good to know you two are very loyal."- Yellow Diamond smiled. Yellow Pearl scoot over next to me on the seat.-"How is Blue Diamond's gems doing?"- the Diamond had her eyes on her own screen logs, reviewing over her other Peridot's tasks. Yellow Pearl glanced at the entering gems along with Jasper before saying anything.-"They're doing just fine, my Diamond. Not any kind of relationship between us. Just partners on missions just like you requested."- Yellow Pearl kept her eyes on the blue gem.

Wait...what does she mean no relationship?

-"Yes...it will be a shame if I'd had to shatter them just to not keep you distracted from your work."- She leaned back on her throne.-"We obey everything you say my Diamond."- Yellow Pearl crossed her arms on her chest in to a Diamond shape.
-"Good. My Pearl, Remember why I put you there."- The screen turned grey, she hung up. Yellow Pearl sighs ,a sigh of relief sort of. I scratch the back of my hair a bit awkwardly.
-"Eeerm...Thank you for defending me. You didn't have to."- ,the Pearl glares at me and has a hint of blush on one of her cheeks.-"Whatever."- she responded. Some loud boots were sounding on the back, I look behind to the entering gems.
-"Starting today, we will train four days per week."- Jasper informed the blue gems that stood on a single line.
Lapis was looking all around the room, until she spoted me. GYAAH! I hide under the control panel and hear some far away giggles.
-"What's so funny ,Lazuli?"- Jasper muttered.-"N-nothing."- she responded.