Ch.22: His Unrequitted Love

Arthur awoke, naked next to Alfred. Alfred had woken up before Arthur and had been playing with the Brits hair.
"Mmm......Alfred....let me sleep" Arthur mumbled as alfred chuckled and kissed his Queens face.
"Wakey Wakey Prince of beauty. We should get down to breakfast soon" Alfred said as Arthur finally opened his eyes probably.
"Breakfast? Ouch! Head....hurts....fucking hang overs. Japanese sake is really affective" Arthur said as he held his head painfully
"I should ask Kiku to let me buy some of that wine, so I can seduce you easily into bed" alfred said with a chuckle as he got out of bed, naked of course but he walked to the bathroom. "Are we taking a shower together? Or do you not want me kissing your body so early in the morning?" Alfred asked Arthur.
Arthurs cheeks turned red, to the tips of his ears. "I-I'll take a shower after you...." He mumbled. Alfred chuckled as he started his shower, finishing in 15minutes. After that's, Arthur took his turn and then dressed up. Both royals walked down to breakfast.

Francis had prepared dinner himself, as he was an excellent chef. (He had a little help from the staff). Ivan was already incredibly hungry and ready to eat but Francis wouldn't let the Russian eat until everyone was down for breakfast. Kiku walked to the table, sitting aside of Ludwig and Feleciano. Feleciano was very eager as well, after the last royals sat down. They began eating as a proper type of family.
"I wanted to ask, before we left for our own kingdoms....what are the spells that our Queeens have been affected with?' Ludwig asked as he diligently ate.
"It's....uh...how can I say? The deck wants us to remember our past lives and sufferings...probably to affect us in our regular life. For example, when lily remembered her past life, she could barely look at the real Francis without feeling her heart ache and her tears well up in her eyes. If we hadn't broken the spell....she would never try and talk to Francis, and maybe she wouldn't rule at his side....causing a misbalance in the magical force between Diamond royals" Arthur said in a serious stern voice,
"So who's next to be affected?" Francis asked.
"Well Kiku and I are left. It could be either of us, when we least expect it. I have a favor to ask from you, Queens if...I am affected in a wrong way by the remembering spells" Arthur asked.
"What do you mean?" Elizavéta asked
"I mean, I as a powerful Queen...I am not sure whether I will be vulnerable, escape Spades or some sort of thing...since I don't know my past life. But please...keep me under control. If I fight back, hold me down. I know I can be fairly dangerous...so break the spell as soon as possible" Arthur warned with a worried face. Kiku nodded in agreement.
"I, too, must make a request. Mr. Joker never told me much about my past life, but he said I was an incredibly skilled samurai warrior in my spare time....I do not want to hurt anyone, so please take care of me" Kiku said with a slight bow. Ludwig looked at Kiku worried,
"I'll try and take care of you, don't worry Kiku" Ludwig said as he patted his Queens back.
"That sounds like a good plan" lily said as she finished her breakfast,
"Why are you all agreeing? Shouldn't we increment our privacy and security?" Alfred asked
"We can't simply do that, Alfred. Da. Our people could get hurt if they confront the Deck. And Joker isn't around to warn us, da." Ivan said as he stood up from the table and bowed lightly. Appreciating the food, he smiled a kind sweet smile to Francis, "thank you for the food"

Arthur went back to spades with his Royals. As he rode a carriage to spades. The carriage stopped suddenly, two bandits stopping the carriage, the shot down the guards with a sleeping dust. Arthur began summoning spells when he gazed at his husband. Alfred was asleep besides Yao. "Shit" Arthur mumbled as he got out of the carriage. Ready to fight.
The two bandits stood before Arthur, their hoods covering their face.
"Our Master would like to give you something" the girl said as she held out a pendant. The pendant has a small blue flower inside, a flower that looked a lot like blue silver iris.
"What do you want me to do with that?"
"Put it on. Or I will personally blow up your carriage, the one that holds you husband and Jack" the girl said with her British accent.
"Alice?" Arthur asked. She held the pendant out,
"Put it on, and that's all he asked" she said once more.
Arthur took the pendant and started putting it on himself. The pendant began to shine, the bandits looked at eachother under their hoods and began disappearing back into the woods. Arthur looked around at his guards, as they slowly began waking up. As if nothing happened.
He walked back into the carriage, where Alfred had begun to wake up and act as if nothing happened.... Arthur looked at the pendant on his neck, touching it lightly. His eyes began remembering...
He remembered the slight summer breeze, the day Alfred from back then, had proposed to meet after 3years of fleeing. Alfred wasn't there but Natalie was with her soldiers. They were holding their arrows at Arthur. Natalie walking towards him, holding a knife. She had icy cold eyes, and held the Kings Clock. "You know very well that Alfred can't marry you, yet you came out here to talk to him. You fell for our trap" she said with an icy cold smirk. Arthurs magic begun to surface around him when Natalie Sighed in annoyance. "You can't kill me, one. I'm the future Queen of Spades, two. I carry Alfred's child...yeah I had to get him a bit tipsy but whatever. Three. I need your magic" she said as she walked closer to Arthur,
"Y-you carry Alfred's child?"
"Oh yes! And you don't want to see him sad do you?" Natalie asked as she held the knife to her stomach.
"No.....what do you want?"
"I personally want you dead. But I won't kill you. Alfred would never forgive me. So could you give me your power? The Spades Queens magic? And I promise I won't ever look for you again or hurt you, or your family" Natalie said as an offer. Holding the knife towards Arthur.
"F-fine...you can have the magic...don't kill Alfred's child. I know he has been wanting a son or daughter....and I know I could never give him that....so please keep the knife away from you" Arthur asked as he began creating a magical sphere that contained all his magic, holding it out to Natalie. "Here. Protect spades and Alfred....that's my only request" Arthur said
"Of course! I'll protect spades from you too then, I'll protect spades from the man who wanted to corrupt the king and corrupt the Decks choice of Royals" Natalie said as she took Arthurs magic and began walking away. The arrows still pointed at the British knight.
"You promised you wouldn't kill me!" Arthur yelled.
"I wouldn't kill you! But I never said my soldiers couldn't. Farewell Arthur the traitor and corruptor" Natalie said as she walked away. The arrows shot at Arthur. His body penetrated by a a couple arrows, he fell to his knees. His body loosing blood ten times faster, than it usually would. Arthur began trying to stand back up when a soldiers stabbed a blade through Arthur. He spat out blood and fell back to the ground. The soldiers began to turn back and walk away as a knight ran towards Arthur, coming out of the forbidden forest. He kneeled down to Arthur, handing him a small pouch.
"It will soothe the pain and transition you into death easier... I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, Queenie" the Danish man said as his tears began streaming down his face. Arthur smiled in pain and patted the Danish mans back,
"I know you couldn't...Mathias.....just...protect Alfred and Yao...." Arthur mumbled in pain.
"I could get Lukas here! We can save you-"
"Im done for....Mathias....but give this to Alfred" Arthur said as he placed a pendant with a blue iris in it, that also was chained to a wedding ring.
"My queen...I'm so sorry" Mathias said as Lukas began running towards them.
"What happened!? Arthurs soul is holding on for dear life sake! Brother! Mathias! What happened to Arthur? You were suppose to watch him!" Lukas yelled, but Arthur chuckled. His eyes full of tears.
"Don't blame him....he did the best he could....it's been 3 years I have been escaping....it's my time to go" Arthur said as he began to take out the contents of the pouch that Mathias had given him, forbidden berries. Berries that could only be found in the fairy realm, the berries that could kill in a kind soothing way.
"Arthur! You can't! I can try and-" Lukas began saying as he began using magic. But Arthur was losing consciousness.
"Mathias....protect them in my place....I always loved him..." Arthur mumbled as he took some berries. His body feeling a kind warm sensation as his eyes closed, he could hear Lukas screaming for help and Mathias said nothing. Arthurs eyes fully closed, feeling his last tear fall down his face. He always did love Alfred