Ch.24: Clara The Clock

((Note: sorry this one is short))

gilbert walked into the Clocks throne room. she was taking her evening tea, as she gazed into a type of portal, or magic ball that showed the present, depending on what she wanted to see. she was currently watching over Arthur Kikrland as he walked through the forbidden woods alone.
gilbert was frustrated to see that his mistress was doing nothing but playing with people as if they were her pawns. maybe people were pawns but they were far more valuable than just a piece or so he thought.
"Why did you send me to make arthur remember those awful memories? He never asked for them, and worst of all you made him remember the worst parts of his life, and The Deck" gilbert said in a frustrated tone, as he clenched his fists. The Clock didn't even look at him as she sighed.
"Gilbert, you know that Arthur knows where Deck is. besides, i need to lure him out from wherever he is." the clock said as she began to stand up, her long silvery blonde hair covering her back as she gave her back to Gllbert.
"i know...Arthur is the only one who knows where the Deck is but dont ya think that the feud between ya two, should be your problem not theirs." gilbert replied in a slight arrogant tone. The Clock said nothing as she turned towards the Joker, making her way to him.
"Dear, Arthur will be fine. the Deck wont kill him, if thats what you wanted to hear." she said calmly, as her eyes gazed strongly at Gilbert.
"his life is at stake! you know very well that the Deck is willing to eliminate any means necessary to redo the card verse world. He knows that Arthur has the key to this world! how can you look so damn calm!" gilbert yelled with stress, anger and a hurtful tone. the clock said nothing, her eyes didn't even flinch at the jokers show of revelry and anger.
"believe in me. arthur wont die, the Deck loves that boy as if he were his child. same with me, i love my creations and my world. the deck is only partially corrupt thats all" she said calmly
"....ya know, i may not understand why you and the deck are fighting, or exactly why he is willing to erase this world but for once...could you tell me?" the joker asked, his eyes showing his worry and concern
" gilbert...i used to have a name before all of this...would you like to know My story?" she asked kindly with saddened eyes but a kind smile upon her lips.
"s-sure..." he mumbled, she turned to the portal of time, and held her arm out to it, touching the glass of it lightly. it started becoming like water, waves forming images...then a timeline. her timeline.
the joker sat down by his mistress as she begun explaining what he was seeing.

my name was Clara, the child of the clock. a child of time itself...i met The deck when we were the only two alive and around.back then his name was Duke. we watched from above the heavens as this world was created. we didn't know at the time that we were the ones who influenced special things to happen in the real world, after we had gone to Earth for the first time. the people were so kind, giving us home, shelter... i began teaching magic to some, while duke influenced others with his preferences of colors and shapes. his ideas leaded to the beginning of the Kingdoms. when the monarchies were formed, both Duke and I, blessed different children with certain abilities, powers etc. Those were our special ones...
the last one we blessed together was Arthur Kirkland, the strongest one out of all the Queens, arthur was different, he was frail but strong, he was isolated but still was loved. I gave arthur the strongest part of my magical blessing, he was weird, and duke loved that about little arthur. although He and I never got to see the Kids again, we watched them from afar... from the castle in the forbidden forrest, or so i thought. Duke had gone to visit the Queens specifically during their times as teenagers, when duke saw that Lily, Elizaveta, KIku and Arthur were treated unfairly, and cruelly as they became Queens...he lost it. I could do nothing to stop him from rampaging, from wishing to rewrite history so he could prevent 'his kids' as he said to be treated to unfairly. when Arthur was killed....duke, lost it completely, because arthur was his favorite one. the same day Arthur died, the Deck had created a special room where my power would be concealed. and i was unable to escape without the help of little peter. little peter back then was arthurs little brother but once arthur was murdured...little peter had no more family. so he found the castle Deck and i lived in. peter opened the door for me to get out, and i saw that child had a damaged soul. after i watched the Queens ritual that stopped the Deck and sent him to slumber. i also made peter sleep for 2,000 years. i found Gilbert after he was drunk on the streets, crying for different reasons. i saw his curse, and took him in teaching him. Then 5,000 years passed and they reincarnated. gilbert was finally happy after so long, but every time i saw his soul it seemed to brighten up more, because he wanted to help the Royals that once were his best friends. when the deck woke up once more, he left me a white flower called a Heather, on his bed, in his old room. i knew what it meant, "protection" in flower language.

Gilbert stood in disbelief, finally understanding why the Clock-Clara- was the way she was.
"Y-you had your own harsh life in the human world because of Him huh?"
"I did. Don't call me my actual name though....The Deck is the one who can call me that, I promised him that" she said sadly but she took a deep breath and smiled. "I told you to trust me, so I'm trusting you with my past. Don't tell anyone understood? Besides...Arthur won't die just yet, he has a lot of work to do before he can get a happily ever after. Just watch" she said with a smile as she turned her magical ball/portal into showing the present. Arthur was finally walking into a castle, where he seemed to look for someone
"He went to that castle! The one where he was held hostage! Is that really where the Deck is?!" Gilbert asked in a rush. Ready to leave and help Arthur.
"Just watch" she said as she gazed into the portal.
"But!"
"Watch"
"F-fine" he mumbled under his breath as the joker gave up and began to watch.