Chapter 8

Layla P.O.V

The days have flown by and it was the day of prom. I had my dress picked out already,my shoes,and all I needed to get done were my hair and nails.

Louise was busy so she asked Dena to take me to the local nail salon.

"Thanks for taking me, Dena."I said as I looked out the window.

I've never been this deep into the city before, even though I've been in captivity for nearly 3 months.

"Its no big,besides I could really use a manicure."She said keeping her eyes firmly on the road.

A couple of moments later and we arrived at the boutique. It was huge and fancy looking and judging by the pictures of nails on the wall that they were just as expensive.

Acrylics: $50

I didn't even bother reading the next couple of prices.

"What you gettin'?" Dena asked.

"Its pretty expensive...Maybe I'll just go for the french tips so you don't have to pay so much."

She laughed."Ma gave me her credit card and with Daddy's power our money is limitless."

I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

A young Asian woman approached us and glanced at our hands.

"Manicures?"She asked.

Dena and I nodded and the woman escorted us to the back of the boutique to the nail section.
Two more women came out as we sat down at their stations.

One woman was white and the other was black. The black woman sat down in front of me and inspected my nails.

"Your hands are very pretty."She said.

I couldn't see her whole face because she had a mask to cover up everything on her face but her eyes.

Something about her was so familiar.

"Thank you."
---
After a little bit of small talk and 2 hours of getting my nails glamed up it was time to go.

The woman was shaking the whole entire time but my nails still look great.

Dena had paid the woman up front and we left but not before the woman could tell me that I'm beautiful and to have a great time at prom.

"That woman sure was...strange?"I said as we drove home.

Dena chuckled."You're welcome."

I cocked up an eyebrow?"Huh?"

"I'll tell you later..."She said.

My curiosity is 100% peaked now.I sighed and sat back in my seat.
---
Derrick P.O.V

Prom was in less than an hour and I was still getting ready.

I adjusted my bow tie,applied cologne, and combed my hair. I think I look pretty damn good and all I'm missing is my monocle and top hat.

Kidding.

I slipped on my shoes and made my way downstairs only to be greeted by my excited mother taking pictures of Layla.

She looked amazing.

"Ohhh my baby!! Derrick come and take some pictures with Layla."