Discovering Candyland

Once upon a time, in the modern world, there were two girls named Rosie and Brooke, who were best friends. They went to the same school, and lived in the same neighborhood.

One day at school, Rosie was sitting on the rail outside, when she closed her eyes and found herself in a world made of candy! She was in a plaza with candy rock roads, gingerbread houses, and a chocolate fountain! Not the kind of chocolate fountain you find at a party, it was like a wishing fountain you throw coins in, but with chocolate instead of water!

"What is this place?" she whispered to herself.

"Rosie?" she heard a voice say, "Rosie, open your eyes!"

Her eyes snapped open. "Where am I?" she asked, confused and disoriented.

"Rosie, you have been here the whole time," Brooke responded worriedly, "you closed your eyes for a while, though."

"I was in a world made of candy!" insisted Rosie, "the houses were gingerbread, the roads were candy rocks, and–"

"Rosie, you were hallucinating," Brooke cut her off.

The bell rang. "Come on, let's go," Brooke prodded.

The next day at lunch Brooke was sitting on the bike racks with Rosie when she closed her eyes and saw the same place as Rosie went! She turned around and saw a sign. The sign read: Welcome to Candyland. It was made of white chocolate, and the words were candy canes.

"Brooke," she heard a worried voice say, "are you there? Are you wherever I went?" Brooke started to realize that the voice must be Rosie. Suddenly she saw a fairy with peppermint wings and a pink dress appear out of nowhere.

"Brooke?" the fairy called, "Where are you?"

"I'm here!" Brooke shouted, "Who are you?"

"I'm Rosie," the fairy said, confused, "Who are you?"

"I'm Brooke," replied Brooke, "and you look nothing like yourself!"

"Neither do you!" Rosie exclaimed.

Brooke looked down, confused. She was like usual, except her natural blonde hair was now a wavy brown, and her dress had a chocolate brown skirt that looked like cupcake frosting with a bodice that was gold. She was a chocolate fairy!

"Wow!" she exclaimed.

They spent a while in Candyland before hearing a bell ring. They opened their eyes and went inside. At lunch they decided to tell three people their secret: Brooke's boyfriend, Tyler, Rosie's almost-boyfriend, Jason, and their other friend, Lily.

"Wow," Said Lily, amazed.

"Cool!" Tyler exclaimed.

"I know," Jason said calmly.

everyone turned to Jason. "How did you know?" Rosie questioned.

"I've been going to Candyland for a month," Jason explained, "but I didn't think that you guys would believe me."

"You're probably right," Brooke admitted.

Lily and Tyler were quite proud of themselves, being the only ones in the group who believed without seeing. However, they were still a bit sad that they were the only ones who hadn't seen this wondrous place.

"What do we do now?" Lily asked thoughtfully.

"Nothing I guess," Rosie answered, "We don't need to do anything."

"Actually," objected Brooke, "We need to get Lily and Tyler to Candyland! They can see the Chocolate Fountain, Gumdrop circle, the candy castle, the peppermint forests, the cotton candy fields, we'll give them the tour of a lifetime!"

"Cool!" They both exclaimed.

"After school," Rosie promised as the bell rang, "My house."

After school they all walked to Rosie's house, as it was only 5 minutes away walking, and 1 minute away by car. They dropped their bags in the kitchen and sprinted up to Rosie's room so they could go to Candyland.