Royalty with Pets

The next day after school we promised to meet in Candyland at 3:00. When Rosie got to Candyland she saw the others waiting for her at the candy castle. She skipped over to them.

"Hey guys," said Rosie excitedly, "Let's go explore the castle!"

They agreed and walked into the castle. It was eerily quiet. No one at all was in there. In Candyland Jason was a gingerbread man with a crown, Tyler was a regular gingerbread man, and Lily was wearing a dress made of black licorice. The castle was full of pictures, but it still seemed empty.

"Where is everyone?" asked Brooke, "and shouldn't there be a king or queen?"

"no one lives here," Jason responded, "According to legend there will only be a queen when they fit that crown."

Rosie walked over and put on the crown. It was a beautiful gold tiara with an amethyst in the shape of a heart as the center stone. She yelped as the crown started glowing.

"is that supposed to happen?" she asked Jason worriedly.

"Only if..." he trailed off.

"Only if what?" Prodded Rosie.

"Only... Only if y-y-you are... The queen." he stammered.

They stood in silence.

"So what happens now?" Brooke asked.

"We show the town!" Rosie exclaimed.

Jason explained that Rosie was right, bit first she had to choose a princess. He told them that in Candyland, the princess is the friend of the queen, not the daughter.

"you also have to choose a king..." he trailed off.

Awkward.

"I choose you," Rosie said softly, "for king. Brooke is obviously princess. Sorry Lily."

"oh, it's fine," Lily waved her hand.

They showed everyone in Candyland how the crown fit Rosie, and how it glowed when she had put it on. After a while they decided to go into the Cotton Candy fields. They were only a bit in when Brooke spotted something in the sky. They walked over until they were standing directly below it. Brooke called up to it. She tried to name it.

"Polaris?" she tried, "Galileo? Nova? Calypso?"

With the last one the thing dove down towards her through the clouds. It was an allicorn! Rosie spotted something else close. She tried the same tactics as Brooke.

"Blossom?" was her first attempt, "Sparkle? Starlight? Moonbeam?"

Apparently its name was Moonbeam. When it walked over Rosie realized that it was a unicorn! Best day ever.