Chapter 2

Feel free to follow me! Thanks a bunch! Enjoy chapter 2!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nicole, seriously, I have no idea where this class is." I rushed out, spinning in circles as I examined each building closest to me. It was just my luck that I'd be late to my first class on my first day because I didn't know where it was.

    I could hear her annoyance on the other end of the phone but her irritation was far below that of my own, "I told you to find your classes yesterday so that this wouldn't happen. So technically you can't get mad at me, this isn't my fault. "

    My temper flared as I sucked at my teeth, "I couldn't search for them yesterday because you dragged me to the mall for the entire day, and then I had to come home and unpack! I didn't have time."

    "Don't blame me for the mall, your nails look gorgeous!"

    "That's not the point!" I argued back, gaining the stares of students walking by. I should have expected this from Nicole, it probably would have been more efficient to call Nash. But his classes didn't start until noon so he was still passed out at the apartment. Nicole left around eight that morning and I followed after her around nine.

    Actually, I should have gotten Jillian's number. She would have been helpful.

    "Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept you at the mall all day." If I didn't know any better, I'd say Nicole sounded sincere. But I did know better and I knew Nicole had mastered the art of deceiving people, "I can help you find all of your afternoon classes if you want but my next lecture starts in a few minutes and we have a quiz at the end of class today. I really can't miss it. Ask someone around you, they'll tell you where to find the building."

    "Well I'm asking you." I fired back, scrunching my schedule paper between my fingers. I hated to admit it but my cousins wasn't helping with my anger issues, "Nicole, come on. You've been here for a few months, can't you give me something? Anything?"

    Nicole sighed heavily and I could picture her sweeping her long hair behind her shoulder as she did so often, "I'm sorry Kimber but I can't really help you right now. My next lecture is about to start. But I'm sure you'll find the class, missing one day won't kill you. Good luck."

    Then the line went dead.

    What the actual fuck?

    I gripped my phone tighter in my fist, having proper motivation to chuck my cell as far as I possibly could. But that would only end badly for me and it still wouldn't make Nicole change her ways. So I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and checked the building number yet again to see if it matched anything of the buildings in my immediate area. But it didn't.

    Of course.

    Sure, missing one day wouldn't kill me...if I had only missed one day. But I had already missed half of the semester. Usually transferring halfway through the semester wasn't allowed but having a dad in the Secret Service had it's perks sometimes.

    That reminded me, my dad was in the Secret Service. He was a strong and independent guy who could do almost anything. And I was his daughter. I could do this. College was the big leagues and I was an adult, fully capable of finding a damn building. So what if Nicole couldn't help me, I didn't need her help. I could do this all on my own without either of my cousins.

    At least that's what I thought to myself.

    Eventually I plopped myself down on a bench and pretended to examine my schedule while I wallowed in self pity. This was an awful way to start off my new life. I thought falling into a pool at a party was bad, but this topped it.