Chapter 19

~Carli's POV~

Tomorrow was homecoming, so we had a soccer game today.

We were playing a decent team. They had four wins, and two losses. We had six wins, and I plan to keep it that way.

Kyle was coming. He came to all the games though so I wasn't all that surprised. We have the same number, so he wore his to all the games.

Surprisingly Katie hasn't been bugging Kyle and I. Which I was very pleased about.

Kyle asked me to homecoming last week, and I bought a dress that matched his tux the same day. Cliche, I know, but extremely fun to drag him around the mall.

My dress was black and silver. The bust was silver sequins, and the skirt was black and flowy. It was absolutely stunning. I was so excited to be able to wear it for homecoming.

Kyle was driving to the game with me, since it was a home game. I was nervous, but with Kyle always by my side I knew it would all be okay.

Our team warmed up, and before I knew it, the other team was there, and the game was about to begin. I promised myself I would not let our team lose this.

And I held to that promise three goals after. The score was three to zero, and I scored all three. By halftime the other team looked beat, and our team looked ready to start really playing.

Delaney made very few saves, as the other team was only able to get one or two shots.

While the other goalie was getting so many shots on her, and was only able to save a couple goals.

The score increased, and so did the skill I placed on the other team. I did rainbows, chops, a Maradona every so often, and crossovers. To say the defense on the other team was surprised would be an understatement.

I asked our team to stop scoring after thirteen goals. The other team still hadn't made a goal.

That was until our defense had a handball in the box. The player got ready to kick the ball, and as it left the ground, I knew it would be impossible to save. I was correct. The ball went into the upper corner, and I knew at that point they had scored.

By the end of the game though, we had another win. The final score ended being thirteen to one. I had scored nine of the thirteen, and Kyle had a face of pride as he looked at me.

Now all I had to do was survive homecoming. We had no school tomorrow, so I had all day to prepare for homecoming with Caroline. She was going with Connor. In her own words she "had to look perfect".

Kyle drove me home. He gave me a kiss on the cheek, before I got out of the car, and walked into my house. I was so excited and nervous for homecoming, and I knew needed sleep.

As I woke, I noticed the time. It was 12:42 in the afternoon, and Caroline was coming at 12:50. That gave me a solid eight minutes to gain enough willpower to get out of bed.

By 12:53 I was out of bed. It took over the eight minutes I thought it would. Then the struggle of walking all the way downstairs so I could open the door for Caroline began. That was where the real work was.

There were too many stairs! I never noticed how many there were before!

Once I reached the bottom of the staircase, the doorbell rang.

I opened it to see Caroline with bags of makeup, hair products, and her dress in her hands.

"Ready to get this show on the road!" She yelled, before running into my house.

"Nope, but it doesn't look like I have much of a choice!" I said, following her up the many stairs.

"Come on! It'll be fun Carli!" She said, excitedly.