Chapter 7

Albus got up late the next morning. He dressed into jeans and a shirt and sat on his bed reading Hogwarts: A history. He didn’t want to go down to his family. He couldn’t face the humiliation from his brother. “Albus breakfast dear” shouted up grandma Weasley.

Albus sighed and waked down stairs. Everything seemed normal as if nothing happened last night. Albus sat down in his normal place and took a slice of toast off the plate in front of him. James sat down opposite to him and looked at his brother. “I’m sorry Al, I was only teasing”

I sighed. “its alright James……”

James smiled. “I got you an early Christmas present”

“what is it?” asked Albus.

“him” he grabbed something out of air and pulled it back revealing Scorpius “hi Al!”

Albus stared at him for a moment before getting up and running back upstairs. James got up and ran after him leavening Scorpius alone. He frowned “was it something I said?”

“oh no dear, they just have something to sort out” smiled Mrs Weasley.

James followed Albus up and caught his brothers leg pulling him down.

“Al, what’s wrong?”

“haven’t you already humiliated me enough without bring him hear?”

“I thought you would want him to stay for Christmas?”

“I do but…don’t you think its going to be awkward !” demanded Albus.

James sighed “I’m sorry Al”

“think before you act next time James” said Albus, walking down stairs.

He looked around for his friend and saw him on the couch with Lilly and Rose laughing and joking.

Albus walked over and saw next to them. “cookie?” asked Scorp.

“thanks” Albus took a cookie and ate it.

His mother walked over “Scorpius, you’ll be sleeping in Albus’s room, Albus you can sleep down hear”

“that’s alright Mrs Potter, ill sleep down hear” smiled Scorpius.

She frowned “I don’t like the idea of you sleeping down hear alone”

Albus sighed “ill sleep with him”

James let out a snort but Ginny shot him a look and he swallowed the laugh.

Scorp smiled “thanks Al”

“No problem.”

Two days later it was Christmas eve. The whole house smelt of gingerbread men and cookies. Albus walked outside and stepped onto to the snow. The Burrow looked beautiful coved in snow. “anyone for Quidditch?” shouted his uncle Ron.

“yeah!” grinned Albus.

He walked over to wear his family gathered. “okay, Albus and James, captains, pick who’s on your team, Grandma, grandpa Weasley, Scorpius, Lilly, Hugo, Victoria and Hominine anrt going to play”

Albus nodded and looked at his family “I pick Dad”

“I pick uncle Mum” said James.

Albus frowned slightly, his mother was one of the best quidditch players in the world.

“I pick uncle Ron”

“I pick Teddy”

“I pick Rose”