1.4 Ghosts

Andy continued to chant as the wind snapped harshly around the shack. My hand remained clutched around Jakes wrist tightly for a minute until Jake slid his hand into mine just as a loud roar and bang echoed throughout the shack. My eyes snapped open.

"What was that?" Jake shouted, I shook my head.

"A storm like this, could be anything." Andy concluded.

"This is no storm!" Felix argued.

"What do you mean?" Andy cried, Jakes grip on my hand tightened.

"There's something out there. You guys saw it." Felix said nodding to Sam than me, all I did was nod.

"Well, maybe Andy was right. Maybe it's just the wind." Sam offered, the door flew open instantly the wind stopped and everything went silent. That lasted for a minute than the howling wind picked up again the door slammed shut and the wind kept getting stronger.

"This is so messed up!" Sam whines and I can't help but agree with him.

"Never thought I'd say this but I'm kinda glad you guys are here." Jake admitted squeezing my hand harder.

"If we do die, I'm glad we had this." Sam cuts Andy off by asking what we had to which Andy continues. "An adventure."

"We are not going to die." I say strongly trying to reassure them. The wind stopping shaking the shack but was still howling outside. Felix found the lantern and turned it on illuminating our faces as we sit down all staring at the door.

"I just wanna go home." Sam states miserably.

/////////////

When I woke up I felt weight on both my right calf and my left shoulder. Sitting up slightly I find that those weights are heads. Felix and Jake's to be specific. "Off." I order groggily causing both boys to sit up slowly and allow me to do the same.

"I feel like I've been dragged through a grand final." Jake groaned.

"You didn't sleep, Sam?" Andy asked. I then realized that Sam is curled up in a sleeping bag in the corner.

"Between your snoring and that storm? No chance." Sam scoffed, I chuckle and nod slightly agreeing with Sam still not sure how I had fallen asleep.

"It was no storm." Felix said tiredly.

"Oh, what do you suggest then, Felix? Zombie apocalypse?" Jake teases. I roll my eyes and stand up stretching out my arms.

"I think there might be forces at play which we don't understand." Felix admitted only for Jake to let out a mocking "ooh!" With hand gestures to accompany it. I walk over to the door.

"Max. Wait." I scratch my head and face Felix.

"Look. Whatever 'forces are at play' Can wait two minutes. I have to pee." I tell him opening the door and walking out. "Guys, you might want to see this." The boys came out of the shack while I made my way around back.

"Stupid boys, get to have it so easy." I mumbled to myself as I finished up and came back to the front.

"Like a spirit force or something." Felix suggests.