2.3 Monkey Suit

"Sam told you everything he knows." Sam's mum.

"Why do you need to interview Jake?" Jake's mum.

"You don't seriously think they've done something with Andy." Felix's mum.

"It's out of my hands." Officer Roberts.

"Do you know what they've been through these past few weeks?" My dad. Felix, Sam, Jake and I all sat in the waiting area of the Bremin Police station with their mums and my dad all trying to get us out and to school.

"So what do we do?" Sam asked worriedly in a hushed tone not taking his eyes off our parents who were huddled around Officer Roberts. I kept my eyes on my hands as I fiddled with the guitar pick my mother had given me in the alternative universe.

"We stick to our story, like we agreed." Jake orders sternly.

"We need to get back to rescuing Andy before things get-" Felix began only to be cut off by Sam. "Any weirder." I looked up to find a clean cut-monkey suit wearing Roland walking through the doors to the station with a cell phone up to his ear.

"No, I'll brief the Chief Super myself as soon as I've spoken to these kids. I will. Thank you very much." Roland strutted up to our parents and began shaking their hands.

"Is that?" Sam started asking pointing a finger in the air. Jake finished his sentence for him. "Forest Roland?"

"No beard, a suit - he's not Hermit Guy in this universe." Felix summarized for us.

"It might not be so bad. He was on our side." Sam suggested optimistically.

"Yeah, until he tried to destroy us." Jake reminded Sam.

"Good point." Sam nodded.

"To be fair he was possessed." I shrugged.

//////////////

"So, you were with Andy and the other boys before the party?" Roland the detective was sat across from me with Officer Roberts by his side my father by mine as the four of us sat in a baby blue interrogation room. I nodded, and continued to fiddle with the guitar pick.

"What did you do?" Roland pressed, I let out a sigh.

"We walked around town, hung out." I said stating a stretched version of the truth.

"Alright, you get to the party Felix and Andy argue, then Andy runs into the bush. Correct?"

"Andy felt like Felix betrayed him. Because they both like the same girl. Andy didn't know Felix was going to ask her out but he did. They didn't argue about it though." I told Detective Roland. I didn't look at him as dragging my finger across the rim of the glass to focus on something in the attempts to stop shaking.

"Yeah let me guess they had a misunderstanding." This caused me to look up. "Look Maxaya-"

"It's just Max." I told Roland who looked from my dad to me.

"Alright Max, what happened after this misunderstanding?" Roland said the word misunderstanding bitterly, I'm assuming that Jake, Sam and Felix all used that exact word.