1.10 Spotted Sparkly Stuffed Unicorn

Felix, Jake, Andy and I were standing in front of Phoebe's door and Felix was knocking on it loudly. "Phoebe! Phoebe!" She finally looked through the curtains and opened the door.

"Do you know what time it is?" She asks. I shake my head.

"Nope Andy's watch is all screwy." I tell her she glares at me and I throw my hands up in surrender.

"We need your help." Felix told her causing her eyes to narrow.

"You were supposed to be here before school, remember? We had a deal." Phoebe told him pointedly.

"We went on an excursion." I began. "And we got lost again." Jake continued.

"And the demon possessed Roland and tried to kill us." Felix emphasised the word kill.

"I saw magic actually happen." Andy rushed.

"OK, slow it down." Phoebe held the door open. "Explain yourselves." Jake walked through first, Felix, Andy and I following. "You coming?" She asked Sam.

//////////////

"He was strong enough to lift me off my feet, and then throw me" Felix explained. I stood between him and Jake.

"Then I defeated the demon." Andy stated loudly, I scoffed.

"With the magic charm." Jake reminded him. Andy looked offended. "And courage." Andy put in.

"So instead of sticking to our deal, you went looking for your own way home. Thanks." Phoebe says sarcastically as she waves a burning ball of something over it.

"We had to take the chance." Andy stated.

"It was an epic fail on all fronts." Sam concludes bitterly from a couch-like chair.

"So now you want me to help you." Phoebe asked.

"Yes?" Andy said as if it were obvious.

"You boys really have a nerve." Phoebe tells us in disbelief, I throw my hand up about to point out that Im a girl. Again. But Sam cut in before me. "Told you this was pointless."

"You're right," Phoebe agreed. "I can't trust you. Deal's off."

"Come on. We're wasting our time." Sam said standing up. Felix however grabbed the charm he found in the forest and held it up to Phoebe. Asking her if she recognized it.

"They're used for the conjurations."

"Did it belong to Alice?" I ask putting a piece of hair that fell out of my ponytail back behind my ear. As I step up beside Felix.

"Where did you find that?" Phoebe demanded.

"The Bremin Forest." Felix told her as Andy and Jake both stood up.

"The police looked there, and so did I." Phoebe said shakily.

"It's a hidden path." Felix began. "You had to fall off a cliff to get there. Literally." Andy finished for him.