Chapter 8

*Ponyboy's POV*

It's been a week since Anna's parents have been kidnapped. This week has been so rough on her, and I haven't been able to do anything accept sit back and watch this all happen to her as I comfort her from sunrise to sunset.

It was 8 o'clock, December 26th. The day after Christmas. She had to go on with Christmas without her parents. She drove out to see her aunts and uncles, that's about all she could do since a majority of her family lives in California because her father was born there and her mom's parents are dead.

She was sitting in my living room crocheting. "That looks nice" I told her.

"Shh" she replied. "This requires some mad concentration" she said smiling.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, I'm very sorry ma'am" I said sarcastically.

She stopped, and looked up at me. "That was so sexual" she told me laughing.

I was confused. "What, me calling you ma'am?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.

"Yes" she said smirking and getting back to her crocheting.

I shook my head. "Well, it didn't have to be sexual but you made it sexual" I told her as she threw her head back and laughed again.

I looked at her, and watched her crochet, observing every element of beauty in her.

"You know" she said, setting down her work. "This has to have been the best, and worst thirteen days of my life" she told me, laying her hand on mine.

I gave her a sympathetic smile, as we touched foreheads and looked into each other's eyes. "I couldn't have done any of this without you, Ponyboy" she told me.

Still looking into her beautiful eyes, I smiled at her.

"You're officially the strongest person I know" I told her, giving her a kiss.

She just smiled, and continued crocheting.

Soda has been staying with Steve since Anna has been here, he feels that she needs her privacy. I'm so thankful that Darry and Soda have been supportive through the whole thing. Then again, they're the most supportive people I know. Darry is gone out to dinner with a girl, so it was just Anna and I.

She stopped crocheting, looked at me, and pounced on me.

"Jesus, Anna" I exclaimed laughing.

She looked into my eyes, sitting on my torso and leaned over to grab her scarf she was crocheting.

"Like I said, you don't need to make everything sexual" I told her, laughing.

She raised an eyebrow. "Who said this was sexual? I'm just sitting on you, crocheting" she told me, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, this is a somewhat sexual position, I mean, you're kinda straddling me" I told her seriously.

She looked deeply into my eyes. "We could make it sexual" she told me. I couldn't tell if she was kidding.

"Yeah, and have Darry chop my balls off?" I said laughing.

She was laughing too. "You know I was kidding. Besides, we've only been together for two weeks, that'd be-"

"Crazy" we both said at the same time, which seemed to make us both feel really awkward.