Chapter 15

*Ponyboy's POV*

I was sitting in English class when I look at the clock, only to see Anna in view, standing against a locker. She made a 'come here' motion with her finger.

I smiled at her, and asked my teacher to go to the bathroom.

When I walked into the hallway, I chuckled. "Come out, come out wherever you are" I taunted teasingly.

I walked around a corner, and Anna jumped into my arms, kissing me.

When she pulled away, I looked at her. "You almost gave me a damn heart attack" I laughed. She smiled, and kissed my cheek.

"Sorry honey" she laughed.

I looked at her. "So, what did you need me for?" I asked. She looked at me, and smiled again.

"I just thought I'd let you know that last night, I got a letter from the community college I applied to" she told me, smirking.

My heart raced. "Anna, that's amazing, did you get in?" I asked her.

She looked down. "I didn't open it yet" she told me. "I'm too nervous" she continued.

I put my hands on her shoulders. "Listen, Anna. We'll open it after school. Together, alright?" I said to her.

She looked up slowly and smiled. "Alright" she told me.

I stroked her cheek. "Why didn't you wait until lunch to tell me?" I asked her.

She laughed. "I was too excited" she admitted.

I grabbed her hand, smiled, and kissed her knuckles. "I love you Anna" I told her.

"I love you too Pony" she told me. "Now get back to class before your teacher has a heart attack" she laughed.

I smiled, and walked back to class.

••••

At the end of the school day, I was sitting in my car, waiting for Anna to come out of the school.

I saw her out of the corner of my eye walking to the passenger side of the car. She looked as if she was in a rush.

She hopped in and slammed the door. "Hurry, please drive" she said, demanding worriedly.

I looked at her "Anna, wha-"

"Please drive!!" she raised her voice. Her worry scared me.

I quickly drove out of the school parking lot and got on the road.

"Jesus Anna, what was that!" I asked her. She kept looking back, making sure no one was following.

She turned back around, slumped into her seat and let out a big sigh. "Do you know someone named Mary?" she asked me.

Confusion ran through me. I tried thinking. "Mary?" I said to myself. "No, I don't know a Mary"

I looked at Anna and she was crying.
"No, no no no, honey what's wrong?" I asked her, shocked.

Trying to contain her sobs, she finally calmed down. "That girl, she told me that you have a lot of secrets you're hiding from me, and that I'm not going to like them. Who is she Pony, who is she?" she demanded in sobs.