2. Caught

chapter two || caught
Taylah's POV

"Mom, I'm going for a run," I shouted walking out the door.

My wolf was dying to go for a run in the new forest, so was I.

Taking off my clothes, I hid them behind a large tree for when I return. I shifted into my very small, pure white wolf, shaking out my long fur.

I've never understood why my wolf was so small, but my mom said her wolf was small too. Although I've never seen her shift into her wolf, it's quite believable considering my size.

From what I remember, as a child I was always smallest among the others, I was also one of the weakest. My old pack was very strong. All the children could defend themselves and run miles without getting tired, but it was different for me. I never learnt how to defend myself and I've always been considered a slow and unfit wolf. I was often teased for being a small wolf even though I was always a friendly child. I faced bullying daily and my only perk was that my healing was super fast. Faster than any wolf's.

I took off in a sprint, dodging trees and jumping over logs.

There was a faint scent of another wolf, but it was too hard to pick up on. Either this wolf was very good at masking their scent or they have only been here once.

I shrugged it off thinking it was probably the same wolf I saw last night.

I continued running through the forest inhaling the relaxing scent. The scenery was amazing, I wish I could run forever.

I stopped running when I came upon the little pond with a waterfall. The scent of the water and the sound of falling water relaxed me. I laid down on my belly, resting my head on my paws.

Closing my eyes I began to think of my new home here. Something tells me we will be staying here longer than I thought. And I'm okay with that.

"Shift!"

My eyes shot open in surprise. I stood up on all fours, turning around to see who was there.

A man who was probably in his late fifties was staring back at me coldly. He had bright, stern blue eyes and scruffy beard. His brunette hair was flowing with the wind giving him a look of youth.

He seems so familiar.

"I said shift," he growled.

I looked down at my body, trying to indicate I had no clothes to change into.

The man walked into the forest and behind a tree. He came back with an oversized t-shirt and threw it at me.

I trotted over to a tree, shifting and throwing the t-shirt over my body. The shirt came up to my knees, covering everything.

"Follow me. Don't run."

I slowly followed the man, walking right behind him.

I wonder why he wanted me to shift?

Where is he taking me?

Am I in trouble?

We had been walking for about ten minutes now and the guy had brought me to a massive mansion, a pack house.

He opened up the large gate, allowing me to enter. I walked through the gate and up the long driveway.

"When you get to the door buzz in and say David sent you. The lady that opens door will take you to where I want you, just follow her," he explained.

Something was telling me I had to listen to this guy, so I obeyed.

Nodding my head I continued my way up the driveway. Once I got to the door I clicked the buzzer, soon after I heard feet rushing to the door.