16. Attack

chapter sixteen || attack
Taylah's POV

I was in a state of shock. Coming into Adrianno's office, I had a million different ideas of what I thought may have happened... but this? This was definitely not one of them.

His warm lips were pressed flushed against my own. Yet I couldn't find it in my to kiss him back.

I mentally smacked myself before slowly moving my lips against his. This may be the only opportunity I ever get to kiss my mate, so I'm going to cherish it. Even if he regrets his actions, this is something I'll forever remember.

It still wasn't clear if I was dreaming this moment to life, but there was raw emotion in the way his fingers curled around my waist, as if to pull me closer. I wormed my hand up the side of his neck and kept it rested at the nape of his neck. Adrianno's lips moved so skilfully, his tongue swiping at my bottom lip.

This felt so good.

Heat started to bubble up in my stomach and my knees began to weaken. My tongue soon met his as we began to battle for dominance. I kept my lips moving against his, never wanting this to end. Adrianno's hands snaked down to my bottom where he boosted me up to his hips. I instinctively wrapped my legs around his waist, gasping into his mouth with surprise. Our lips not once separating.

A knock on the door went unheard as we continued kissing like our lives depended on it. Surely my cheeks were as red as they felt. My eyes were shut and nothing else mattered but my mate.

It wasn't until the door swung open and hit the wall that Adrianno slowly pulled away. His eyes swirled with a million emotions, the most noticeable was lust. My cheeks flushed as he ignored the person at the door and pecked my nose softly. He lowered me to the floor carefully and straighten out my probably creased clothing. I kept my eyes on my feet, unable to make eye contact with anyone at the moment.

I was extremely heated up and I wanted this to go further.

"Alpha, we are ready."

My eyes screwed shut as I kept my head down. Of course it was the Beta to interrupt. A wave of embarrassment hit me and I ignored everything that was currently going on and excused myself. I ran passed both males and ducked out the door and headed straight upstairs. I needed girl talk.

"Taylah," I heard my name getting called in the distance.

I knew it was Adrianno, which only urged me to start speed walking.

"Taylah, please. I'd like to say goodbye."

I halted my movements and sighed. I spun around and saw Adrianno walking towards me.

Once he reached me he spoke.

"I hope you see where I am trying to come from. I'm not good with expressing myself, but I hope I've given you some sort of an understanding," He said, carefully watching my facial expressions.

I slowly nodded. I stayed as blank as I could.

"You shouldn't expect much else from me. I see what you're trying to convey. I believe we should have a talk once you get back," I said nervously.

I had started wringing my hands together at this point. His dark eyes made me so nervous and right now, it felt like he was looking into my soul.

He nodded in agreement.

"We will speak later."

I smiled at him, attempting to show him my gratitude for his sudden efforts.

He cleared his throat and took a step closer to me. My eyes unconsciously shut as I took in a huge whiff of his beautiful smell. It always calmed me.