17. Return

chapter three || return
Taylah's POV

(Taylah's Dress ^^^)

After what felt like weeks, not days, the pack members were coming home. Eden and I were extremely happy, however, she showed it a lot more than I did.

Don't get me wrong, I was very excited to have Adrianno back. But, I was still on edge. I have no idea what is going on between us, and where exactly we stand. I also wanted to keep my happiness on the down low because no one knew what happened between us and from what they can recall, Adrianno hated me.

I guess that's why I was happy, I could finally get answers. And, it would be lovely to have my mate back even if nothing between us was to change. I just liked knowing he was around and safe.

Eden, a few other female members and I decided to set up a little banquet dinner for the returning members. It was our little way of saying 'good job, welcome home.'

We were making a variety of food, salads, steaks, burgers and pasta! I was currently working on the pasta sauce, whilst Eden marinated the steak.

The pack should be here in about an hour and fifteen, so that should give us enough time to set everything up.

Lucky for us, all our pack members were coming home with zero injuries and zero fatalities!

"Is the pasta sauce done?" Eden asked, from her spot on the opposite side of the counter.

I nodded and replied, "Yup, all done!"

Eden looked at the sauce and nodded in appreciation.

"Looks good, Tay! Steaks are also done. Let's get cooking," she sang out.

She gathered all the steaks and walked them over to the stove, wiggling her hips and humming along the way.

I shook my head at her silly antics. She truly was a gem. I'm very lucky to have met people as amazing as these pack members. Although I miss my mum, or my aunt, moving into the pack house was a decision I did not regret.

Once all the food was done, and the table was set, I headed upstairs to have a quick shower and get dressed before they all arrived.

I headed to the bathroom and turned on the shower. Whilst I was waiting for the shower to heat up, I stripped down my clothes and tossed them in the hamper.

I hopped in the shower and tried to wash myself as quickly as possible. I didn't leave much time to get ready.

I jumped out of the shower and wrapped myself in my large, fluffy towel before untying my hair from the horrible bun it's been in all day.

I smudged the fog off the mirror and looked at my reflection. I grimaced at the bags under my eyes and the tangles in my hair. I opened the cabinet and reached for the brush, running it through my hair a few times. As I walked out of the bathroom, I decided to leave my hair natural because I didn't have time to style it.

I headed to the closet and pondered on what I should wear. I wanted to look nice. That means a nice outfit and a touch of makeup. I groaned at my clothing options, because nothing stood out to me.

I ruffled through the endless amount of options before my eyes lit up. I love this dress. I grabbed it off the hanger and tossed it on the bed for bending down and rummaging through the shoe compartment.

"Where are you guys hiding?" I mumbled, as I threw a slipper out of the way.

"Yes!" I shouted once I had located them.

This outfit is about to look great.

I dropped my towel to the floor and put on a clean pair of nude panties. I was contemplating putting on a bra, but as my breasts are only itty bitty, the dress would offer me enough support.