9. Unknown

chapter nine || unknown
Taylah's POV

I raised my leg, attempting to aim a harsh kick to his rib cage but unfortunately for me, he was too quick. He grabbed my leg with both of his hands, twisting it abruptly causing me to lose my balance and land on the hard ground. I grunted at the sudden impact, as my tailbone ached in protest.

"Ouch," I grumbled, rubbing my sore behind.

"Get up."

I rolled my eyes at his demands, but still pushed myself up until I was standing. I looked down at my bruised and dirty legs, and quickly dusted the dirt off me.

"Taylah! Always pay attention when you're in a fight," he snapped.

I looked up just in time to see him running straight for me and I sloppily, just barely, dodged his attack. I whipped around to face him, automatically taking a self defence stance. He slowly stalked towards me, swinging out his arm towards my face which I blocked using my left arm. He swiped at me again but I ducked at his attempt and swung my right leg out, spinning and swiping both his leg out from under him. His large body collapsed to the ground as he groaned.

"Yay," I giggled, clapping my hands and jumping up and down.

"Calm down, that was what? One out of fifteen rounds you won," Beta Ryder muttered, getting up to his feet. "I won the other fourteen."

"Whatever," I scoffed, waving him off. "You're just jealous."

"Of what? Being rejected by my Alpha?" He snarled.

My eye grew wide at the malice in his tone and the disgust and anger swimming in his eyes.

"What?" I whispered, looking down.

Ryder has never, and I mean ever, raised his voice to anyone. Let alone me. He was always such a calm guy, which was why I enjoyed his presence. So when he asked me if I wanted to train with him, I jumped to the opportunity right away. There was no one else in this pack I really trusted to train me other than Ryder. And now here we were, arguing in the woods.

"You heard me," he growled and took slow steps towards me. "I'm not jealous of a poor little rogue who can't fight. Who mopes around because she got rejected by the strongest Alpha in the world."

I felt a growl bubble in my throat, as my hands shook in anger. My eyes were surely glowing their vibrant violet and I felt my canines release, as my claws extended.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that," I spoke deadly calm, my whole body shaking.

"Or what? You can't do anything. You can't fight. You can't defend yourself. Hell, you can't even keep people in your life," he spat, taking even more steps towards me so he was directly in front of me.

"I said, do not talk to me like that!" I roared, as the ground shook. Raising my hands up, I swirled them in deep circles before they reached above my head, and like an invisible force, I threw my hands out in front of me, knocking Ryder back down and effectively winding him. The swooshing sounds fell deaf to my ears as I was too blinded by rage to even know, hear or see what I was doing.

I settled down once I knew my enemy was down and I felt my claws and canines retract as my eyes returned to their normal color, allowing me to see the mess in front of me.

I gasped in horror, as I saw a drenched Beta Ryder laying unconscious on the ground of the woods and surrounding him was a large quantity of water. I looked behind me and noticed that all of the water that was previously in the little pond was no longer to be found.