Chapter 7

"I know you're bisexual and that's great, which means you get the best of both world but why is it that you're more attracted to girls?" Richard asked after we've left the food court, out of earshot.

I shrugged, looking at my feet. "Maybe I've been hit on more by girls?" I questioned rather than say.

"Maybe," he said thinking. "Or that you're not paying attention."

"To who?" I crossed my arms against my chest.

"To us, we guys."

"Is there someone whom I should pay close attention to?" I asked.

He went quiet for a while and then said, "I guess not."

We've made it to my front porch, before I went in, I looked at him again but for whatever reason, Richard wouldn't look back at me. He left and I went to my bedroom and lay in bed feeling slumped. It's already night. I was about ready to doze off when I heard a knock on my window, I frowned as I dragged myself out of bed and opened the window.

"Who's there?" I yelled out, nothing. I decided to slip out of my clothes while I'm awake when I heard the noise again.

"What?!" I said bitterly, "Go away." I turned away and sat on the chair in my undies looking up the ceiling, painted with glow in the dark stars. God, I'm tired. I sighed.

"Hey," someone said and I turned my head back, sharply.

"You!" I retorted.

"Yes, me." Lori looked me up and down then up, "I like the view."

I quickly put on my robe. She sat at the edge of my bed and I sat by the window. As far away as I could.

"Quite a show you've put out, babe." She said, taking her shoes off. "First, you never call, text or video chat me then when we finally see each other," she paused, looking at me. "You're in the arm of someone else."

I said nothing and she moved over to me, "Want to know how that made me feel?"

Again, I said nothing for I already knew; didn't matter, Lori always wanted what she can't have and if she can't have it then no one else can either even though she's the one playing me, not the other way around.

"Look at me!" She said sternly. I did. "Had fun with your girl?" She asked.

"Had you?" I asked back. She's taken aback, not used to hear me talk back. "I don't know why you're here, in fact, I couldn't care less." I looked her straight in the eyes. Eyes I used to fall in, but not anymore.

She softly ran her hand up my thigh, I bit my lips not wanting her to know how it's affecting me. God, I wanted to bite her head off; I chew the corners of my cheeks.

"Grown up, huh?" She asked, leaning towards me and though I've seen her with another girl, kissed Bella at that, I leaned too and kissed her. I can tell she was shocked. Unexpected? Yes, and she might even have a girlfriend whom to this might be cheating but right here in this moment, in the dark for once I didn't want to obey.

I leaned closer, putting my hand on her face and deepened the kiss. At first, she was reluctant, but then she gave in and kissed me back. It was real, it was pure and she can deny it all she wanted but it meant something. Anything. I pulled away. By pulling away, I wanted to be in control. I wanted Lori to be the puppet on strings.

Not me.

"You should leave." I cleared my throat, pretending to be unaffected.

Shocked once again, she looked at me in disbelief, down at my chest then away. "I don't want to," She said.

I leaned back against the wall and looked outside.

"Sabrina, please." She took my hand in hers and kissed them. I would've enjoyed it, but that would mean being played once again so I did the opposite even though my body was tingling with anticipation and my heart was palpitating through my chest with every touch and kiss. I would burn if my body got any hotter.

I swallowed my pride and nonchalantly said, "I have to get up early and you have some hoochie to attend to." I got up, opened the window wide and waited.

"Please," she pleaded, but I no longer cared to listen, and then she left. I closed the window, closed the curtains and climbed to bed. I fell asleep instantly.