Chapter 10

I didn't sleep over at Evie's house. I mean, after all why should I, this was my house and I'm not going to let anyone other than my mom throw me out and so I stayed.

Everyone was too busy welcoming Lori and I was too busy keeping myself entertained; I stepped out of the balcony with a pillow in hand and sat on the swing with a can of pineapple in hand, which I got from my mini fridge. I swing back and forth, looking up at the stars and eating pineapple chunks.

"Can I join?"

I didn't bother to change the state I'm in.

"Talk to me," Lori said, leaning on the door frame. I guess mom really dealt with dad if she's still here. I wonder how that went. Did she lie? I wouldn't be surprised. 

"Not only have you managed to invade my home, now you're invading my territory too?" I asked.

"I'm sorry."

"No, you're not." I turned to her, "don't stand there and lie to me." I told her. "Why are you here?"

"The truth?" She walked closer.

"No, Lori, no. I actually want you to lie to me. Please do," I replied sarcastically and she rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm here for you."

"The phone or PC wasn't enough?"

She shrugged.

"Of course," I scooped a spoonful of pineapples and put it in my mouth and chew. "You think this is funny, don't you? I'm beginning to think that you actually enjoy seeing me in pain."

"You're so gross," She said as she stared at my mouth chewing away at chunks. "And no, I'm not trying to hurt you or anything like that so no Sabrina," she rolled her eye. "I don't enjoy seeing you in pain.

I looked at her, chewing and chewing and chewing then said, "you're so cynical."

I gulped. "Get out," I added.

"You sure about that?" She raised an eyebrow. I'm forced not to hit her with a chair.

"Yep, in fact, just pretend that I don't live here." A smile is painted on my face.

"Whatever," She walked away. Afterwards, I got up and locked the door.