Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Madison's P.O.V.

"What's going on here?" Xavier asked looking from Shane to me.

"Nothing," I answered wiping away my tears.

"Nothing?' Xavier questioned.

"Yes nothing," I repeated.

"Shane?"

"Xavier," Shane said looking down at the ground instead of Xavier's face.

"What happened?"

"I just lent her my phone to call her family," Shane said.

"And?"

"And she got a little emotional while talking to her father," he continued.

"Shane," I complained, because he told him everything just like that.

I should have known that he was going to do that; I'm just a stranger, and Xavier is his alpha after all. His loyalties lie with him not me.

He looked up at me before looking back down at the floor.

"I see," Xavier said while walking up to me, and putting an arm around me as if comforting me.

"You can go now Shane," Xavier spoke.

Shane gave a brief nod before walking off without another word.

I had nothing to say, I didn't want to say anything, but I felt like i had to, but what would I say?

I lifted my head, and looked up at Xavier my mate the person that I was willing to leave my family behind for.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked lifting my head so that I would look at him in the eyes.

When I did, I froze.

Those eyes, those blue foggy eyes that held so much pain.

"Yes I am," I responded wiping away any remaining tears.

"I don't like seeing you cry," he said after a few silent seconds.

"You should never cry, for anything," he spoke.

"I guess I can't help it," I responded.

"Want to tell me what happened?" he asked me.

"I think it's better if I don't."

"I understand, why don't we go downstairs."

"Okay," I said.

He lead me down the remaining flight of stairs, neither of us speaking. The arm that he still had around me, made me fell better; like if he was trying to be there for me.

When we got down to the living room, he lead me to one of the several couches sitting down next to me.

"I know that you heard everything that happened yesterday," he said as soon as he had sat down.

"How?" I asked surprised.

I thought that I had done a pretty good job at pretending to be knocked out, how was it possible that he noticed?

Did everyone else notice too.

"I'm your mate, we share a bond, that we could never have with anyone else. I knew you were awake the moment that I got there."

For some reason I think that when he said that we could never share that type of bond with anyone else he was referring to Chase, and what happened with him when we had first met.