Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Madison's P.O.V.

"Your still injured, slow down," Mandy said quickening her pace to catch up to me.

"I can't even feel it," I lied as I continued down the stairs.

"That's not how it looks," she said as she noticed my slight flinch when ever I moved to much.

"Yeah, yeah," I said as I went down the final step.

I took a few seconds to recover from walking down that large flight of stairs before looking around the pack house in search of Xavier's office.

"So where is Xavier's office?"

"Down this hall third door on the right," she said leading me to a hallway on the right. 

 She walked beside me carefully watching me as if I would collapse any moment.

"I'm not that weak Mandy," I commented.

"I know, but if something else were to happen to you while you were with me; then I would be in serious trouble with the alpha," she said still watching me.

"If something else were to happen to me, than it would be my own fault not yours," I said when we got to the door that lead to Xavier's office.

"I don't see it that way," she spoke.

"Are you coming in with me?" I asked as I stood there.

"No, are you kidding, that would just be awkward. I'll be in the kitchen," she said as she walked away leaving me alone there.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door to his office.

"Come in."

"Are you busy?' i asked walking in, closing the door behind me.

"I have a few things that I need to do, so yes. Why are you up? The doctor said that you had to be in bed, in order for you to recover from your wounds," he said as he covered documents that were scattered around his desk.

"I know, I know, but I needed to talk to you?"

"Take a seat then, but after you are going straight back to bed, you still need time to fully recover" he said leading me to one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"What do you want to speak about?"

"Since I've been here, in the pack house I mean, with you I have barley spent more than ten minutes with you. Don't you think that as mates, we should at least be spending some time together to get to know each other," I said getting straight to the point.

"I'll admit, that I have been more preoccupied with my work, than with spending time with you."

"At least you are not denying it."

"I wouldn't do that, so from this moment on I'll try my best to spend more time with you."

I was actually quiet surprised that he had said that. Now at least I know that he does care about me, even a little bit.

I blinked a few times surprised with his words before speaking.

"Really?"

"Yes, why don't we do something together right now?" he suggested.

"Did you forget," I said pointing to my stomach which was still covered in a thick bandage thanks to that stupid mistake I had done the other day.

"Right, we can have dinner together," he said.

"That seems okay."

"I'll ask Mandy to tell the cook to make something."

"Okay."