Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Madison's P.O.V.

"Now that we're okay, I can leave the room right?" I said as I looked over at Xavier who was looking through files that he had in a cabinet in the closet of our room.

He stopped what he was doing and turned around to face me with a serious expression on his face, "You're not going to try to leave?" he asked.

"I already told you I would never leave you, didn't I?"

He took a second to think about it before responding, "Alright you can leave the room," he said.

Even though he just said he was allowing me to leave the room, I would have still gotten out of the room if he would have said no. After all I wasn't an animal to be caged up like that.

"Good, I'm going downstairs," I announced as I headed over to the door.

"For?" he asked stepping out of the closet to give me a look.

"Does there have to be a reason for me wanting to leave the room?" I asked as I walked out not giving him time to respond, taking the stairs two at a time to get downstairs quicker.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I looked over at the living room, and then at the hallways to see if they were empty. When I was sure that they were I went over to the living room, and took a seat on one of the couches.

Looking around, and using my hearing I checked to see if anyone was approaching before going over to the phone that stood on a small table by the couch.

I quickly grabbed it with one of my hands before running to one of the many closets to the right of the staircase.

As soon as I made it in there, I flipped on the light switch, and proceeded to dial the phone number that I knew all to well.

"Hello?" a voice answered.

"Jason?" I whispered.

"Maddie is that you?" he asked.

"Yes it's me," I said taking a seat in front of the door to stop anyone from coming in, just in case they tried.

"You called, I thought you're mate, wouldn't allow you too," he said a hint of hate in his voice.

"Jason, don't say that, no matter what he says, I would never forget about any of you, you're my family," I responded.

"It didn't seem like that when you chose him over us," he spoke.

"I didn't chose him over anyone, so stop saying that, you know I love all of you guys."

"Yeah, I guess, so why did you call? Did he do anything to you? Did he hit you? If he did anything to you just tell me, and I'll go over there right now, and kick his ass, for messing with my little sister."

"Calm down, he didn't do anything, I just have a few questions, that I thought you could answer for me."

"Questions, about what?"

"About, uh about what happened with dad, and the former alpha of the Moonstone pack," I whispered so quietly hoping that he didn't;t hear me.

"Why do you want to know about that? What lies did Xavier feed you?" Jason asked me.

"Nothing, okay, I just want to know what happened from you, dad had to have told you what happened, when you became alpha of the pack, or maybe even before that. I think you owe me the right to know, especially since all of you have kept ever pack related matter from me up until now," I spoke this time not even bothering to whisper.