Chapter 21: Out of the Woods

His heart was tightening inside his chest. His heart was aching. Bleeding. Wounded. And he couldn't do anything about it.

"Fück!" he cursed out loud. Jaw clenching. Fists curling. Eyes burning. "Fückin shït! Fückin shït! Fückin--"

He stopped and froze. She was there. She was naked. She was swimming at the mist of the sunset. And it was a beautiful sight.

For a moment, he had been panicking, had been losing his mind and sanity at his own thoughts. Just knowing she was in danger would have given him a heart attack. But then, she was there, he reminded himself. But then, the way she rose above the clean sea of the falls, the way her wet hair sticked to her skin, dripping wet and flushed, the way she had her eyes closed as drops of water rolled down her skin, the way she bit her bottom lip attractively, the way her naked breasts arose from the water, he couldn't help but be mesmerized, be stunned by her beauty.

And then he knew, he had fallen in love. Deep. So deep. And just then, his insanity vanished away with the wind. His anger scattered in pieces down his feet as it fell. His terrible thoughts of the dangers that could have happened to her got carried away as the sun sunk down the horizon. His mind was replaced with dark thoughts. Naughty evil thoughts.

He brushed a hand down his face, as if brushing away his frustrations. She was arising above the water as he marched towards her, carrying the blanket they had slept on. Feeling slightly cold, she hugged herself as he approached her and wrapped the blanket around her dripping wet naked body.

Tightening the blanket around her chest, excluding her arms, she looked at him curiously and frowned. "Zach," she said. "Why is your face so red?"

He clenched his teeth and decided to tell her the truth. "I'm angry."

Her frown deepened. "Why?"

"I thought you left," he growled, eyes blazing. "I thought you left me."

For a moment, they just looked into each other's eyes as she slowly came to understand him. Pursing her lips, she walked to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling his head down to meet her lips. He kissed her deeply as he angled her head to his. It felt different, she thought. There was something with the way he kissed her. Like he was putting the pace of his anger in the kiss, exploring her mouth as if his life depended on it.

At last, they pulled apart and she was breathless. His eyes were blazing as she looked at him. "Don't ever scare me like that again, Kitten," he said.

"Can you blame me, Zach?" she asked. "I missed swimming. Never have been swimming ever since I got here."

"I would have made you your own pool if that would mean you'd stay with me forever."

"You know it doesn't work like that, Zach. I just..I just missed it. I missed the way the water hugged me as I swam deep into the sea. The feeling of freedom."

"I can always give you your freedom."

Eyebrows furrowing beautifully, she raised an eyebrow at him. "How?"

He kissed her nose and trailed his lips to the side of her face then softly whispered in her ear, "Run away with me."

A delicious shiver ran down her spine, crawling under her skin. But she slightly pulled away from him and frowned. "Running away won't always be right even if it would seem the only choice we have," she said. "Look at what happened with Romeo and Juliet."

"I hate Shakespeare," he grumbled.

"Too bad," she said. "I've always loved tragic endings. They make me cry until late at night. And then when I fall asleep with a heavy burden in my heart, it's like I don't wanna wake up the next morning."

"No one can sleep forever."

"I can."

"Then how am I supposed to wake you up?"

She smiled innocently. "Kiss me," she said. "I will always know your lips in my dreams." Just as she said that, he leaned in to kiss her lips but she pulled away. "It's getting late," she said. "I should go home."

He sighed as he watched her walk away to a tree. She took her white dress which was clinging to the branch of the tree and hid behind the tree to dress herself. When she walked out, her hair was still slightly wet as she approached him on bare feet. Soon after, he carried her on his back and walked the path out of the woods. They reached the truck and he drove her home.

By the time he had parked his truck in front of the McQueen Mansion, he walked out of his truck and marched towards her side. She walked out as he guided her. When they reached the front doors, she turned around and looked at him.

"Thank you," she said. "For everything."

He smiled and pulled her to him. He embraced his arms around her waist and kissed her forehead. "Don't forget to dream of me tonight," he murmured into her skin.

"I'll take my chances," she murmured to his neck.

He gave her a goodnight kiss. She opened the front door and gently closed it behind her. Sighing, he went back to his truck and drove his way home. Later that night, he realized he wouldn't be able to sleep now in his bed without her in it. Last night was one helluva awesome sleep he had after a long while. He wouldn't want to go back to those sleepless nights he had endured.

He went out of his house and took a deep breath of fresh air. He shifted to his werewolf form and took a long wild run across the silence of the night. He ran and ran until he crossed the border of the Blue Wolf Pack. He went straight to the McQueen Mansion as he had always smelled her scent along the breezy wind. When he got there, he climbed up her open window at the third floor and sneaked inside her room. He shifted into his human form and quickly wore the basketball shorts he had brought with him.

She was there. Sleeping soundly upon her bed. Looking freshly out of bath. There was a dim light in the room as the moonlight streamed through the blinds of her window. Like his prey, he watched her intently as he approached the bed. He gently dipped himself on the bed and sat beside her. Slowly, he leaned down and kissed the side of her face softly, tracing his lips towards the crook of her neck and to her shoulder blade.

Her heavy breathing sounded in his ears. "Zach," she breathed, chest heaving and eyes closed still.

He lifted his head slightly and looked at her. She stirred and moved about to hug him, one arm draping around his abdomen and head leaning to him. "Don't leave me," she exhaled in a breath.

He gently laid himself beside her and pulled her body against him. "I won't," he answered as he kissed the top of her head and watched her sigh in relief.