Chapter 36: Beautiful Goodbye

"Oh, my God."

Without second thoughts, she rose up from the bed and her book fell as she quickly ran to him. Smiling brightly, she took the little kitten from him and hugged it in her arms.

Pulling back, she kissed its head lovingly then placed it on her bed, watching as it laid down upon the sheets comfortably.

Turning around, she quickly hugged Jake, oblivious to the way he stiffened and instantly relaxed. His arms came around her as he hugged her back, slightly tightening his hold.

"Thank you so much," she murmured to his chest and she meant it from the bottom of her heart. Pulling back, she gazed up at him and smiled. "So why are you here?"

"Business," he answered simply. "Then I thought I could come and say hello, see if you're fine, and bring back your cat..Found her lost somewhere."

Anna smiled wider. "Jake, I think I'm getting better and better," she happily informed him. "Thank you so much for bringing my cat home. You don't know how much this means to me."

He shrugged then raised his hand to scratch the back of his head. "I really missed you," he said after awhile.

Anna smiled. "I missed you, too."

And it was true. It was the first time she saw him ever since her Grandmother's death. And now she realized how badly she missed him. When he was gone, it had felt like she had lost a friend. She missed those times they had talked about things and shared memories together.

A knock on the door sounded and the door was opened revealing Bea. "Hey..." She stopped and looked at Jake questioningly, not expecting him to be inside Anna's room. "Jake?"

"Hey," greeted Jake.

"Yes, Bea?" asked Anna.

Bea placed her hand at her hip. "Well, why aren't you dressed yet?" she asked her. "We're late."

"Late?" Anna repeated. "Late for what?"

Bea looked at her as if she had a second head and stated, "Your make over. Duh."

"Make over? I don't remember--"

"Oh, of course you do." Without second thoughts, Bea entered her room and dragged her outside, leaving Jake behind.

A few hours later, Anna was being dragged to the mall by Bea together with Victoria and Keira. They weren't allowed to leave unless Jake and Ben were following right behind them.

They practically looked like bodyguards as the girls proceeded to having a whole new physical look and a new hairstyle. After this, Anna had never felt so relaxed after what seemed like a very long time.

Her muscles were eased and relaxed. Her skin was glowing. Her hair was shining in dark loose curls. And her face was brighter. It was as if she was reborn.

They shopped for clothes and shoes which seemed to be infinite. When night came, they went home and she raced to her bedroom feeling exhausted. She laid down on her stomach on the surface of the bed right next to little Luna feeling sleepy.

When she fell asleep, the door opened and she felt the bed dip. Then fingers traced her back, making patterns as they ran down her spine.

She moaned slightly feeling ticklish from the soft touch. Then the hand lowered and touched the back of her thigh, gripping it slightly.

She purred as the hand sneaked underneath the hem of her dress and snaked around her waist, caressing her soft skin.

Then she felt him hovering above her. His warm breath tickled the side of her bare neck and he leaned down to kiss her bare shoulder.