27. Meeting

27. Meeting

As the door closed softly behind Hermione, she examined the room. Harry stood talking to a Healer he seemed to recognize. The only other occupant of the room was a tired look wizard who Hermione assumed was a father-to-be. Ron was gone; Hermione sighed sadly as she realized the fact, then quickly Apparated home to once again wallow in self pity

Miles away, Ron stood in front of a door to a small flat. He knocked softly on the wooden door. A moment later, the door was pulled open and the freckled face of Grace Winter looked out. She smiled up at him and gestured for him to come in.

"I didn't know if you were coming." Grace said quietly.

"Why wouldn't I?" Ron said and smiled at the blue eyed witch. She shrugged and sat on the couch, he joined her and wrapped an arm around her.

"What's wrong?" Grace asked softly. She looked up at the red haired wizard whom she had fallen for.

"Nothing." He answered and kissed her gently. "Just thinking..."

Ron sat holding the auburn haired witch, feeling no remorse what so ever. Hermione was nothing but a friend to him, but Grace, she was much more. He had met the witch practically everyday since first falling for her at the Leaky Cauldron. Ron knew he loved her, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it.

"You're beautiful." Ron said and kissed the witch again.

"And you need your eyes checked." Grace joked and looked at the floor of her small apartment.

"You're impossible." Ron laughed and slipped a hand under her chin. He tilted her head up and kissed her gently. She smiled weakly and wrapped her arms around him.

Ron smiled softly and kissed the witch. Grace returned the kiss and wrapped her arms around Ron's neck. The kiss deepened and moments later, Grace lay on the couch with Ron on top of her; both breathing heavy and tangled into each other

"Sorry..." He muttered and went to stand, but Grace stopped him by wrapping her arms around his neck.

"No." Grace replied and kissed him again. "It's alright."

"I don't want to rush anything." Ron chuckled and returned the kiss. He felt the witch sigh softly and wrap her hands in his hair.

"Come on." Grace teased and pulled him close.

"Six months." Ron said and pecked her in the lips gently. "Then, we can take it further."

"Mhm." Grace answered and pulled him closer, kissing him tenderly. The wizard smiled gently and returned the small kiss with one deep and loving.

After nearly an hour, Grace had almost convinced Ron to leave behind his ideas of 'not rushing things' when there was a sharp knock at the door. Grace sighed and looked up at Ron. He kissed her deeply once more and untangled himself from the witch.

"I'll be right back." Grace said quietly. She quickly flattened her long, straight hair and pulled her shirt back to its place.

"Grace." Ron said and wrapped his arms around her waist. She smiled and kissed him gently.

"I'll tell whoever it is that I'm busy." Grace said and kissed him again, not wanting to leave. He kissed her like he had just moments before and she smirked as he pulled away. "Very busy."

The young witch towards the door and pulled it open. She came to face a tall, red headed boy whom she didn't recognize. She raised an eyebrow.

"Um," Grace began. "Can I help you?"

"I'm George." The red headed wizard smiled wearily. "George Weasley. I'm guessing my brother is here."