The first breakdown : Percys perspective : part 3

I don't know how but I cried in the sea, inside the freaking sea. Even dad came, and he knew, he always knew. Theres something wrong with me. These past days, weeks, moths... Something have changed. Coming to camp half-blood was suppose to help me, but it only made it worse. Dad looks at me. "I know what you think Percy but, I can't tell you what to do. Percy, only you know what to do. I must go now, Jason is waiting for you on the surface" I gathered myself, my feelings, my pain and said goodbye to dad and turned to the surface. Every step made me weaker, when my feet touched the sand I fell down. I was tired. Tired of al this shit, why is this happening to me? Jason looked at me. He didn't say anything. The gesture was so innocent, the silence, I almost smiled. Wow, this guy really makes me happy. Wait. Now Im confused. He breaks the silence. "You were down there for hours, everybody is worried" he says with a hurt face. I laugh in pain. "I can't go back yet" I say. Jason is quiet for a moment, it makes me uneasy, like I know the next question, like I won't like the next question. "Do you want to tell me whats wrong?" I don't answer. What would I answer? Everything? I just... I just simply can't find it again. The meaning, the purpose, the force. Everything seems to feel so wrong, love, friendship, family. It al seems so fake. Too perfect. And walking through hell with Annabeth did not made it better. I don't know what to do anymore, I... I realize minutes have past and it was time to go back. "They need me for this quest. And if they need me, I must go" I rised up and started to walk. "Then Ill go with you" Jason was behind me now. Something about it made me feel better, that Jason would come with me felt. Safe. This strange feeling was back again, something about Jason, I could not put the word on it. "If you must" I answered and walked away.

-

Chiron looked at me worried. "You're back" he studies me. I know that he can see it. I know that he can feel it. My hopelessness. "Ill help you with whatever you want" I say to him seriously but he keeps looking at me. Then he turned to face the roof. "Two weeks ago we sent three demigods to make an important quest, to find a monster, worse than al others, and kill it" he stops for a moment before he continues. "We kept contact through Iris messages, the last one... They said they were in danger, that it got them and they might not be able to come back if not anyone saves them. One of them already died..." Chiron seems to have a quick face, in less than a second, but I saw it very clearly. He was furious. "You must save them Percy, Clarisse have already volunteered for one place in this other quest but I see now that al the places are filled. It'll be you, Clarisse and Jason" he pauses, seems to be waiting for a response. "Well do it" Jason answered. "Good" Chiron looks at Jason. I can feel the pressure in the room. Chiron knows something we don't know. "You'll meet Rachel in 2 hours, she's on her way". And then the conversation is over.