Chapter Six~ The Bruises on her face

A/n~ There's Abby! She's so cute! Also the song of this chapter is pretty much the best cover of terrible things I have ever heard, I live this cover so much! It is also kinda how I imagined Amber's band session to go so yeah.
♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡×♡
Harper's pov~
The next two weeks have been a mixture of hell and pure heaven.

We all met up in the music room during our free period, and we would get things ready for our gig which is tomarrow I believe.

"I wanna sing this song, it played on the radio the other day and it's amazing!" Valentine said, pulling her phone out and showing us the lyric video.

"This song is so sad!" Connie cried, tears flowing down her cheeks, making us look at her like she was crazy.

"Let's try it!" Amber said, for once seeming excited.

I sat down carefully, my father had kicked my ribs multiple times over last night, and it hurt like hell.

"1...2...3...4" Amber said.

Valentine started playing the keyboard, making sure to get every note that she had written down right.

"By the time I was your age, I'd give anything
To fall in love truly, was all I could think
That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams
The most beautiful woman, that I'd ever seen" Amber sung, her voice making me swoon like it always did.

"She said, "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I can't help but notice, you're staring at me.
I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe,
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me." " Valentin joined, his voice full with the pain that the song had hidden in its meaning.

"Now, son, I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things." Amber and Valentin sung together, their voices in perfect sync.

"Now, most of the time we'd have too much to drink
And we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything
Too young to notice, and too dumb to care
Love was a story that couldn't compare." Amber sung, now gently strumming in time with the keyboard.

"I said, "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I made you a present with paper and string.
Open with care now, I'm asking you, please.
You know that I love you, will you marry me?" " Valentin sung, he hit one if the drums on his drum set with the slow beat.

"Now, son, I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things
You'll learn, one day, I'll hope and I'll pray,
That God shows you differently." Both of them sung together.

"She said, "Boy can I tell you a terrible thing?
It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks.
Please, don't be sad now, I really believe,
You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me." " Amber sung, her voice, voicing the sorrow that was in the lyrics.

Valentin started drumming, making the music louder, Amber joining in with her guitar.

"Slow, so slow I fell to the ground on my knees." Valentine sung.

"So don't fall in love, there's just too much to lose
If you're given the choice, then I beg you to choose
To walk away, walk away, don't let her get you.
I can't bear to see the same happen to you." They all sung together, harmonizing perfectly.

They all stopped playing and let Valentine pick up the last few notes.

"Now, son, I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things" Amber finished, drawing out the last lyric.

Their singing was the most amazing thing I had ever heard, like always.

"Harper, is that a bruise on your cheek?" Connie asked.

My eyes widened and I gulped loudly. Hesitantly, I pulled out the small mirror I kept in my pocket and looked at my face in the mirror.

I hadn't put my concealer on right.

"No! I-it's not, I-I got t-to g-go!" I said, stuttering and stumbling over my words.

I got up, tripping over drums and other instruments on my way out.

Rushing down the hall, I finally got to the restroom, and pulled out my concealer, putting a thick layer on over the bruise.

"You can't hide it, I've already seen it." Amber said, she was leaning against the wall at the other side of the restroom.

"When did you get here?!" I cried, dropping my concealer on the ground.

It broke against the tiled floor.

"Shit!" I cried, swooping down, trying to clean up the mess.

"Stand up." Amber said, pulling some wipes out of her backpack.

Once I stood up, she put the wipe to my face and cleared my face of the makeup.

"You have so many bruises," She breathed "who did this to you?"

"N-no one I have no clue what you're talking about!" I said a little too fast.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." She said.

"M-my d-dad." I stuttered.

Amber put her hand to my cheek, cupping it and starring into my eyes, completely mesmerized.

"Harper...." she said, using her cupped hand to pull my head closer, much to my surprise.

She kissed my cheek, and every bruise along my face, ending with kissing my busted open lip.

I kissed her back, my hands finding their way into her hair, holding onto the long, purple strands.

"Harper..." she breathed onto my lips, her hand dropping the wipe and finding it's way onto my hip.

She pulled me closer, so close there couldn't have been any space between us.

I pulled away, and she grabbed another wipe, wiping away the concealer on my wrists, exposing my cuts, and the bruises my father had created.

She bent down, kissing every cut and bruise.

"You're coming to my house after school." She said, releasing my arm and walking away as the bell went off, ending our free period.