Steve's Resuce Mission

The plan was get Alex out of HYDRA. Get her back to SHIELD and see if Tony and Bruce could reverse the brainwashing. Only problem is I hadn't told anyone yet, and I could break into HYDRA alone.
"Hey Steve. How you feeling?" Natasha asked entering the training room.
"I'm fine. But I need your help with something."
"Ok. What?"
"Remember that girl we fought?"
"The one that shot you?"
"Yeah her."
"Of course."
"I know her."
"Yeah, I know her too. She's a bitch that works for HYDRA."
"Don't say that about her! And that's not what I meant. I know her from the 40's. Her name is Alex Barnes. Bucky's sister and my former girlfriend."
"Aha."
"So can you help me break her out of HYDRA?"
"We don't know what they've done to her. She could try and kill us again."
"It's still worth a try. I've gotta save her."
"Fine. I'll help."
"Thank you. We'll leave tomorrow."
"Ok."
Natasha left the training room. Leaving me to hit the punching bag with all my force. I thought to myself 'Focus on the mission at hand Rogers. You've gotta break Alex out of that HYDRA facility tomorrow. So keep your head. Don't let feelings get the best of you.'

After punching the punching bag for the bulk of the night I realized about 30 minutes of sleep was needed, but Natasha was ready before I had the chance. I changed into my uniform and we boarded the Quinn Jet. The base they kept Alex at wasn't that long of a flight. We landed the jet a few yards from the facility to maintain the element of secrecy.
Natasha and I rode our bikes through the doors of the facility, it was all out shoot out as soon as we entered. I expected nothing less. So much for a secret rescue mission, we both figured this would be quicker. Get her to come to us. We took out the Agents quickly, but there would be more coming. We had to find her. We left the bikes and each went down different halls. I reached what must've been the sleeping quarters, I found two doors marked Barnes. I entered both with shield at the ready, but no one was there. Then I heard a gun cock behind my head. I turn around and there stood Pierce.
"Looking for my rogue weapons? Well, so am I. Can't help you Captain. But I can kill you." He said and held his gun ready to shoot.
"Thought we'd taken care of you Pierce."
"You must've been mistaken. Cause I'm still here. Sorry, Captain. Now it's time to finish what HYDRA should've all those years ago."
Another gun shot. Hitting Pierce in the back, he shot his gun straight up as he fell to the ground.
"Your girl isn't here Rogers. We've gotta move." Natasha said and kicked Pierce's gun away from him. I nod and we run out.
Once back at the Quinn Jet I sit in defeat.
"They could've moved her. There are several HYDRA bases." Tasha said as she steered the jet.
"No. Pierce said he was looking for her too. She escaped. And I think I have a good idea of who helped her escape."
"Let me guess. The Winter Soldier?"
"Yeah."
"Great. So if we find him we find her?"
"Most likely. But I've got Sam looking into that. Once we found out the Winter Soldier was Bucky we've been trying to track him."
"They'll be harder to track now that they're together. Their both assassins, so they know how to stay hidden well."
"I don't understand why they'd wanna stay hidden from me."
"They tried to kill you Steve. Two very important people to you. Two people who loved you tried to kill you. They're scared to face you. So they'll stay hidden as long as they need to until you give up the search."
I nod. Natasha is right. They won't just come find me. Things will be a lot different if I find them. When I find them.