Life In It's Finest

"Mommy!" I hear my little 3 year old yell as she runs outside onto the balcony.
"What is it sweetie?" I ask her pulling her onto my lap.
"I drew this for Uncle Bucky." She says handing me a picture. "Will he like it?"
"Of course he will sweetie. He loves your drawings. Now, go get ready. He'll be here soon. Tell your brother to get ready too."
"Ok mommy." She says and jumps off my lap.
As I hear her yell for her big brother I see the screen door slide open again. Out walks my husband of 3 years, Steve.
"Hello Mrs. Rogers."
"Hi there Mr. Rogers. Did you get Bucky picked up?"
"Yeah. He's inside. Kids dressed yet?"
"What do you think?"
"I'm gonna guess that James is still asleep and Sarah is going to try and wake him up." (A/N: you get those name references??)
"Ding ding ding. We have a winner." I smile and stand up to hug my husband. I kiss him sweetly and pull away. He smiles and just looks at me lovingly.
Of course our moments are always interrupted. Their are three sweet puppy dog faces banging against the door. Bucky, James, and Sarah.
"Of course. Buck probably put them up to that." Steve says.
"Oh of course he did. It's Bucky."
Then Bucky banged on the door. "Hey! Can we gooooo? The kids want ice cream!" I hear the kids yay in synchronization. "But mainly I want ice cream!" I hear Bucky say, continuing his sentence.
"Yeah. Just give us a second." I say to the three of them smiling.
Bucky scoops my kids up and takes them away from the window. I turn to Steve and smile.
"We better go take them for ice cream." I say.
"Ok. But Bucky buys his own." Steve chuckles.
"No no. He buys for all of us." I say and take Steve's hand, leading him inside.

After ice cream and running a few other errands the kids, and Bucky, weren't interested in. We decided to have a campfire back at the house.

Steve and I only had a few days left of our "vacation", then we'd return to SHEILD and our house in the city. Bucky would go back to his SHIELD funded apartment and he'd watch the kids whenever Steve and I both had missions. However, Fury pulled the same strings for me and Steve as he did for Clint and his family. Me and Steve both liked having jobs at SHIELD and even though it was dangerous it made our lives together all the move valuable.
I watched Bucky and the kids run around the field playing tag and Steve attempted to roast hotdogs, he burned most of them. I loved my family. It was perfect. After 70 years of being frozen and waking up brainwashed and the years before that being spent in the war. I finally had a chance to have it all. SHIELD didn't need me and Steve much anymore, Fury sent us on the less dangerous missions. So I knew that the life I had was attainable and it was stable.
I drifted off, as I normally do, into my thoughts. I smiled to myself then felt a comforting arm wrap across my waist.
"You ok?" I hear Steve ask.
"Perfect." I say with a smile. He kisses my head and turns to watch the kids as I drift off into the most comforting thing of all, my memories.

The end
------
So this is the end of my book! I hope it was ok! And I hope you all liked it! I'll be starting a new book soon, I hope. I'll update when I've finally decided on the book I'm gonna write.
Thanks for reading!