Caged No More

I sat in my room. I wasn't talking to anyone until they let me see Steve, but they wouldn't. They worried my memories had been taken again. But why would HYDRA brainwash someone they intended to kill? Exactly. Doesn't make sense.
The nurse was looking at me, too afraid to move closer to my bedside.
"Look, Ms. Barnes, I have to draw some blood. I've gotta see if your making your own red blood cells now. Who knows if they could've drugged you." She said timidly.
"Let me see Steve. Then you can draw my blood."
"I can't do that."
"But I can." I heard Steve say as he walked through the door.
"Steve!" I say and jump up from the bed running to hug him. The nurse stopped me, along with a few agents that were called for backup, "just in case" I tried to kill someone.
"Damn. A girl gets brainwashed one time and no one trusts her." I say and look at Steve. Who halfheartedly chuckled.
"That's the Alex I know."
"Even in the toughest situations..." Steve cut me off.
"...you always find a way to be funny." He finished. Causing me to smile. "Now all of you. Let her go. She's safe."
The nurse and agents let me go as I proceed into Steve's embrace. He hugged me tightly and kissed my head.
In that moment it felt like everyone had left the room, but it was over all of too soon. The damn nurse had to speak.
"Ms. Barnes. Still need that blood work."
I turn to her. "Am I standing?"
"Yes."
"Do I seem short of breath?"
"No."
"Then I'm producing my own red blood cells. Now leave."
Everyone left.
"I think I finally annoyed them enough." I say and turn to Steve.
"Good. They annoyed me. Not letting me see you. Who do they think they are?"
We both chuckled and then we kissed each other. Finally. This is what I want.

"Hey. Would ya stop kissing my sister. Gross." I heard someone say as they entered the room. I pulled away from Steve and turned to see my brother
"Bucky!" I ran and hugged him. He hugged back tighter.
"Well someone is happy to see me."
"Of course I am ya dummy. Your my big brother. I'm always happy to see you."
He just hugged me and smiled.

I finally got my second chance. And I was gonna make damn sure that I used it to my advantage.

-----
Hi all! So sorry I didn't update yesterday, it snowed a bunch here last night and I was out the day all day yesterday shopping before the big snow. So my last update is coming tonight! Thanks for reading! And I hope you enjoyed! And I hope you enjoy the last chapter! Huge things are coming!