The hat talks?!

I'm the worst author ever :( I said I would update 3 Days ago, but I didn't.  IM SO SORRY!
Also, I don't own anything!

Percy P.O.V

I gasp when I see the castle, and my first thought is, 'Annabeth would love this place'  I can just picture her , with that sparkle in her eyes, talking about the architecture.  I sigh.  I really miss my wise girl.  I wish she could be here with me.

"Its amazing, isn't it?" Ginny asks me.  I just nod my head.  She laughs. "Don't worry.  That's how everyone looks the first time they see the castle." After about a minute, the train stops.  We all get off.  I look around, not knowing where to go. 

Then I see a giant.  He's yelling something about first years to come to him.  I put my hand in my pocket, ready to uncap riptide. I cautiously walk towards him, twirling riptide in my fingers.  "Um.... hi." I say when I get to him.

"Ello." He greets

"Who are you?" I ask

"Rubeus Hagrid.  Keeper of keys at Hogwarts." He replies.

I sigh, relieved.  He must be a friendly giant, or maybe he isn't a giant at all.  I mean, who would name a giant Hagrid?  "I'm Percy Jackson." I introduce.

"Oh, Professor Dumbledore told me about you.  You'll be comin with me."  He says joyfully.  Giant or not, it's good not to be glared at for a change.   I follow Hagrid to a lake with a bunch of boats inside.  Each boat is filled with a few eleven year olds.  I get inside a boat with Hagrid.  He tells me a bit about Hogwarts.  The professors, classes, stuff like that.  After a while in the boat, I zone out.  Blame the ADHD people.  When we step off the boats, I look at the castle again.  It's pretty cool, but Olympus looks better.  Annabeth designed it after all.  We all get into a big line, and walk in.  The room we enter is big.  And sort of weird.  Where the roof should be, there is the sky instead.  There are also a bunch of floating candles.  Weird.  But other than that, it's pretty normal.  There are four tables, four banners, and a big table in the front that has some sort of throne thingies behind it.  While I'm walking, I can't help but notice that a lot of girls are giggling when they see me, and then turn and talk to their friends.  I don't look that funny, do i?

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Dumbledore says.  I laugh a little at that.  The name of this school will not stop being weird.  "I hope this year will be enjoyable to all."  Everyone claps politely.  "Now, on with the sorting!"

I'm glad Hagrid explained the sorting to me.  I would've looked like an idiot not knowing.  Except my dear friends at camp would probably call me kelp head, or seaweed brain instead.  I'm snapped out of this thought, when I hear someone call, "Riddle, Perseus" I hear a lot of people gasp at that. 

"It's Percy Jackson Professor." I correct.  Then I step up to the stool.  I sit down and Professor McGonagle puts a hat on my head.  It itches.  I don't know how a hat can determine my house.  Suddenly, I hear a voice in my head.

"Ah, a half blood." The hat says.  I almost fall over. The hat talks?!

  "And, you are?" I ask telepathically.

"My name is Phil.  Thank you for asking.  No one ever asks me for my name.  I'm simply just 'the sorting hat'" Phil replies.

"Ok Phil.  I'm Percy.  Can we get this over with?"

Phil sighs. "I guess so.  I don't blame you for rushing me.  No one likes being sorted."

"Ok... so how do you 'sort' me?" I ask.

"I just have to look into your memories." Oh gods no.  I can feel myself paling.

"Is there another way?" I plead.

"I'm afraid not." The Phil says.  Suddenly my life flashes through my eyes.  The quests, the wars, but worst of all Tarterus.  The doors of death, the curses, the flegathon.  Everything.  Then everything goes black.

Harry P.O.V

We ride in the carriages with the threstals (spelling?) Pretty much everyone can see them now because of the war. 

During the ride I keep thinking about Voldemort's Grandson.  I'm pretty sure he's a death eater.  I saw a tattoo on his forearm, the exact same place as the dark Mark.  When we get to Hogwarts, we all sit down and wait for the sorting.

The first years and VG walk in.  All the girls giggle and wink at VG.  He looks confused about it.  It's not fair.  I should be the one all the girls like.  I did defeat Voldemort.  What did that scum do?

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Dumbledore's voice makes everyone listen, "I hope this year will be enjoyable to all." We all clap politely. "Now, on with the sorting!"

"Gabay, Maya" a girl with curly brown hair, and green eyes and glasses, walks,up.(me :D don't judge me, I'm not creative with names.) A few seconds later, the sorting hat calls,out, "GRYFFINDOR!"  All the other first years get called, then McGonagle calls, "Riddle, Perseus."

"It's Percy Jackson Professor." Then VG walks up to the stool, and sits down. When the hat gets placed on his head, he almost falls out of his seat.  After a few minutes, he visibly pales.  Then another few minutes later, he falls off the stool, and on to the hard floor. 

"GET HIM OFF MY HEAD!!" the sorting hat screams, "GRYFFINDOR, OK?!  HES BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH!  MORE THAN POTTER!  THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF GRYFFINDOR PEOPLE! HE IS..." Dumbledore puts a silencing spell on the sorting hat before he can say more.  Wait.  What did the hat say?  He's the definition of Gryffindor?  He probably put a charm on the hat so it would say that.  He's gone through more than me?!  His life was probably a walk in the park compared to mine!  Dumbledore waves his wand at VG, and he shoots up from the floor.  He jerks his head around for a second, then relaxes. 

Everyone stares at him.  "Umm... hi?" He waves.

"I would like to see you in my office after the feast Perseu- Percy ." Dumbledore requests.  VG awkwardly sits down at the Gryffindor table, and we eat in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Is Percy in trouble?  Will Harry ever stop being a jerk towards him?  Find out later in Voldemort's Grandson!

Stay cool Demigods,

- Shark