Violets Are Blue

You headed down to the kitchen with the brother's empty plates in tow. They insisted on that you didn't have to wash them, but you wanted to anyways. You thought you would keep yourself busy so you wouldn't bother Osomatsu.

"Good thing they have a dishwasher or I would never have gotten through all of these.." You murmured to yourself.

Just as you turned it on, you heard someone clear their throat. Looking up, you saw Karamatsu standing at the doorway. He looked nervous as he stuffed his hands in his pants pockets.

"Got a minute, (Name)?" He asked while approaching you.

You nodded, a pit of worry beginning to grow in your stomach. He bit his lip thoughtfully, as if thinking out every word, which is something you found unusual of him.

Mouthing softly, you heard him speak.

"About... Osomatsu.." He hesitated before speaking of his eldest brother.

You swallowed, beginning to understand what he was about to ask you.

"Is it.. true?" He barely finished.

There it was. It hit you like a slap in the face. Your palms felt sweaty as you avoided looking at him.

"I-I.. I don't know yet." You choked out, determined not to meet his gaze. 

"Then..." He trailed off before reaching for your hand, "be with me, (Name)."

You shut your eyes, trying to block out all of your thoughts. It was true, you had a crush on Osomatsu, but then there was Kara...who was determined to make you his.

"I...I.." You stammered, finally looking up at him.

His eyes looked hurt as he searched yours for an answer. You wanted nothing more than to be there with him, but Osomatsu kept intruding on your thoughts.

'Is this what he meant when he said it still hurt?' You thought.

That it still hurt that the one he loved might never love him back?

'No, I can't do it..'

Your body shook as you felt him release you.

"Whatever choice you make, I hope it's a good one (Name)." He sighed, beginning to leave the kitchen.

You stood, feeling more confused than ever before.