The Sugar Bowl's Empty

[ Osomatsu's P.O.V ]

The eldest Matsu strolled into the room to find Karamatsu in the dejected state (Name) had described. His smile was replaced with a thin line of concentration. He was glad that he had enough energy to pull off the little charade in the hallway with (Name), but he didn't know what do to to help his younger brother now.

He sat next to him, watching as Karamatsu placed the mirror on the table.

"Heh, old habits are hard to break, huh?" He spoke up first.

"You bet." Karamatsu gave a smile that seemed a bit forced.

"Well, since I'm here," Osomatsu started, "what's up with you? You're all bleh, ya know?"

Osomatsu waved his hands crazily to parody Karamatsu's appearance. Upon receiving a harsh reaction, he stopped.

"Alright, alright! Sheesh, you don't have to be so mean to me." He pouted.

"Hmph." Karamatsu blinked, his attitude indifferent.

"Seriously, what's wrong? (Name)'s intuition is spot on sometimes." Osomatsu tilted his head.

"It's nothing, honestly." He muttered, becoming absorbed with the carpeted floor.

"You'd better tell me, you glittery pants-wearing cheapskate." Osomatsu spat.

Karamatsu's head snapped up, his eyes lit with anger. That was just what Osomatsu wanted as he brushed his finger under his nose, a smirk spreading across his face.

"Don't call me that again.." Karamatsu warned him.

"Or what? You'll sing me a song until I drop dead?" Osomatsu continued to taunt him.

Karamatsu clenched his jaw tightly as his fingers started to twitch a little. Osomatsu was probably the only one who could rile him up this badly, especially since he was the most collected out of all of them.

Of course, Osomatsu was quite aware of this as he watched him. He knew Kara well enough that if he got him angry enough, he'd eventually voice his thoughts.

'Just one more push.~' He thought devilishly.

"Just try and do something you prancing ballerina in sunglasses." Osomatsu said louder.

That did it. Osomatsu found himself flat on his back, with Karamatsu towering over him and his fist arched. Karamatsu's nostrils flared as he glowered down at the eldest Matsu.

"Woahh.~ You're vicious, aren't ya?" Osomatsu chuckled, acting unbothered.

"Don't screw with me!" Karamatsu growled angrily.

"Oi! Before you punch me, tell me what's wrong!" Osomatsu shouted back.

"I care...about (Name) too!" Karamatsu looked away.

"Ahhh I knew it! What a loser!" The eldest cackled.

Karamatsu punched him square in the chest, making him sputter and cough.

"Ouch! I can't believe you hit me, how mean!" Osomatsu covered his face.

The second eldest huffed and went back to sit at the table.

"Take care of (Name), alright?" He said after a moment.

"You got it. People like that don't just come and go, ya know? I'll take good care of (Name)!" Osomatsu promised.

Karamatsu nodded, as if that's all he needed to ease his worries. His older brother wasn't very bright at times, but he hoped that he had enough tact to handle this situation.

"After all, I don't need some womanizer to tell me how to take care of a woman." Osomatsu added.

"Get out already, you dumbass!" Karamatsu tossed the mirror at him.

Osomatsu fled the room, skipping down the hall. A genuine smile coated his features now, happy that he was filled with the joy of responsibility more or less.