chapter 2

Fair warning - this wasn't proof read before I published - good luck!

_________

Have you ever felt like you completely met somebody but at the same time know nothing about that person? Yea. That's just about how I felt right now.

I didn't know this guy's name, how old he is, where he grew up, if he's single. But I did know what he did, what boat he worked on, the way that everything had to be put back just the way he found it. I knew something about this guy. Just not all of it.

The vibration of my phone in my pocket brought me out of my trace, the screen flashed "Dad".

"Hey! How was the trip down Rubix?"

"It was good, what have you done today?"

The conversation held for a little longer after that, my eyes never straying long from the sex god that rested twenty yards away from me.

"Love you too dad." And that was that.

The sun was starting to set when I finally decided to leave, casting one last glance towards the boy I started my trek to Aunt Peg's.

_

"Ruby! Your friends here!" I could here Peggy screeching from down stairs. Friend? Since when do I have a friend here?

"Hey Ruby. Thought I'd show you around today, ya know the interesting places." It was that girl from the book store what was her name Callie?

"Sounds like fun," I muttered into a pillow, "but five more minutes of sleep sounds better."

"Non-sense come on now get up! It'll be fun, I promise!" I groaned getting up and dragging myself into the bathroom.

After pulling my hair into what I hoped was a semi presentable bun and brushing my teeth I went back out to grab shorts and an old band tee with the sleeves cut off.

"I'm ready, let's go."

Callie decided she was going to take me to one of the small diners in town, right on the water. It wasn't really a diner. It was more like a shack that had a few tables inside but mostly tables outside. It was called Albert's. Well I think it had a different name but over the years people just started calling it Albert's and it stuck.

Callie was going on and on about this boy she saw on the beach yesterday, something about him riding in the sets, some sort of surfing stuff that I don't know much about, when I saw him. He was sitting at one of the picnic tables farthest away from us, with another guy, he had his head down but I knew it was him, I could see the black ink on the inside of his arm and knew.

Callie must have followed my line of vision because next thing I knew I was being debriefed, "Oh that's Rhett Kason, he's like nineteen now I think, we graduated together he doesn't do anything but go on his boat and fish so don't even bother getting to know the fool," she breathed, "The other ones Dylan Craymer, they're friends but personally Dylan's the more approachable one. He works on the boats too but I don't think he goes out as much as Rhett does."

"Which ones the one with the brown hair?" I wanted to know so damn bad, he didn't seem like a Dylan but Rhett fit.

"Rhett's the brunette and Dylan's the blonde." She smirked. "I can totally see you and blondie getting it on!"

"Oh no. No boys I didn't come down here to have a summer romance, I am too young, too inexperienced to be with guys like that."

"What do you mean too inexperienced," she cocked an eyebrow, "last time I checked you're a good looking female with boobs what's not to love?"

I felt a blush run up my neck, "I don't have any er, personal lessons on that front."

"I'm still not picking up the pieces."

"I'm a virgin," I squeaked into my hands.

"What?!" she laughed, "you're kidding right? You're like eighteen and you've never tangoed with anyone?"

"No." my face had picked permanent residence in my hands.

"Oh look! They're leaving! Look at those butts in action. Mhm. Momma could feed off those suckers." I have a feeling Callie was going to grow on me.

_

I had found my way back to the marina, to watch the boats and maybe a boy name Rhett. I had brought my book along as cover and maybe I could master my stalking skills.

My tree was open so I put my butt on the ground and started reading.

I was actually reading, well I didn't see Rhett anywhere and so there was nothing else for me to do except for read so, why not. The book was intriguing it was about a boy who gets kidnapped by this old man who lives in the swamps in Louisiana and the kid has no hope because the only way in and out is by that boat and only the old man has the key and...

"You were here yesterday right?" I peaked up from behind the pages to see the man of my dreams aka Rhett, where the hell did you come from buddy.

"Yea," I somehow managed without drooling or stuttering, both equally as bad. "It's relaxing here."

"More relaxing places can be found." I scoffed up at him, did he seriously just say that to me? "Not like that," he put his hands up in mock surrender, "just er, there are more relaxing places than a smelly dirty marina."

"Okay?" I wasn't quite sure what he was getting at.

"Hey Rhett!" I looked in the direction of the voice to find a guy running towards us, "And you might be?"

"Ruby Anderson." I stuck my hand out only to get pulled into a bear hug, "ofm!"

"Dylan get off of her you're gonna kill her." Rhett muttered to his friend.

The blonde instantly let go, "Didn't know you'd marked territory man," he turned to me, "if you're up for it there's a party on the beach tonight below Karo's place," he turned back to Rhett, "and I'm making you go. Okay? Everyone happy?" The energizer bunny looked like he was about to walk away when he spun around on his boat shoes, "Did you introduce yourself? Or just try to kick the lady out of here for reading under the big tree? Of course you didn't." He turned to me, "Fatty over here is Rhett, he's incredibly rude and doesn't talk unless poked with a pole and asked a question. And by the way you can read under the tree whenever you want. He's just a little bit crazy, might be from all the gas fumes, or maybe the dead fish but he's a gonner-"

"Okay Dylan we get it." Rhett looked royally pissed.

"I get it, I'm going, and John needed me to run the register anyway." We both watched his retreating back until Rhett broke the silence.

"I'm sorry about him, he gets talking and then doesn't shut up."

"It's okay I was gonna go anyway." I picked up my book and started walking away.

"Hey just so ya know I wasn't running you off, I just wanted to know what book you were reading!" Rhett called after me.

I smiled and kept on walking.

____

I know its short guys and I'm sorry. we were renovating my room this weekend and I just sat down to write and kinda pulled it out of my ass - WARNING: it wasn't proof read so bear with me here